[net.abortion] Matt Noah's lack of intelligence

hua@cmu-cs-edu1.ARPA (Ernest Hua) (04/05/85)

> { From: Matt Noah mn@dscvax2.UUCP }
>
> A picture - in this case - speaks a thousand words.

Gee, how poetic ... but let me remind you that asthetic value does
not justify anything.

> Turn the audio  off  and just watch.

I would not want to hear the nonsense spilling forth from that
ignorant narrator, anyway.

> Remember, you are seeing a human fetus and not an amoeba.

It's not too difficult for anyone to see that what he/she is watch-
ing is NOT an amoeba.  But then, it might very well be a monkey em-
bryo ... Are you interested in a law prohibiting abortions for mon-
keys?

> The color of your skin,  the  color  of  your hair, your bone
> structure, etc. were all decided at the moment of conception.

This seem to be the only sign of knowledge you gave in this entire
post.  Bu, what does this have to do with the issue of abortion?  Do
you pride yourself in such irrelevant sidetracks?

> Your predisposition  to  your  mother's  voice  upon
> birth  was  developed because you heard her speaking while in the
> womb.  That's why mother's voices are more comforting to a  child
> than  anyone else's following birth.  In other words, you had the
> ability to learn before birth!

Perhaps you would like to tell us how long before birth you had the
ability to learn.  (Obviously, you haven't gotten YOUR ability to
learn yet.)

Perhaps a little bit of research will give you some insight into your
desperate words ... The film may be emotionally catching, but it is
way off in technical detail.  The narrator says things like "the baby
senses danger ..." and "it curls in fear ...".  It does not even have
the ability to fully control autonomic functions, yet.  It certainly
does not have the ability to "fear" much less "sense danger".  The
film also distorts the actual size of the embryo, which is less than
an inch long.  Several physicians have contended that the sequences
shown are exaggerations clipped from several DIFFERENT embryos.

"But who cares?!  Just watch the film ... a picture speaks a thousand
words ..."

The film speaks a thousand words ... all the same ... "SHIT".

> Does a monkey or a cow have that ability?  Does your amoeba?

DO YOU?

> God-willing you'll be sick  on  election  day.   Fortunately  the
> pro-life candidate won last November.

Oh boy ... here we go ...

And just whose God are you talking about?  But of course!  There is
only one!  YOURS!

Reagan did not win because he is pro-life.  If you seriously think
that he won because of any real issues, you had better go back to
school ... and while you are at it, try learning a little bit about
neontology.

Keebler { hua@cmu-cs-gandalf.arpa }