[net.abortion] Correlation? Absolutely.

bmt@we53.UUCP ( B. M. Thomas ) (04/10/85)

The same attitude results both in killing unborn children and in abusing
born ones.  This is the same attitude that has been chillingly displayed,
without apology or remorse, by some of you who feel, as I said in a
previous article, that
	"it's my right and I don't give a damn who it hurts!"

The real issues are coming out, aren't they?  You are now saying what I have
been saying, but the abortionists' PR has been denying - that if I want a
baby killed, I don't care what anyone else says, it's my right.  The courts
have been saying it too.  The courts are not pro-choice, they are pro-dead-baby.
Recent court decisions have upheld ANYONE's right to a dead baby.  If the mother
wants an abortion and the father doesn't, the mother's right is upheld.  If the
father wants his child aborted and the mother doesn't, the father's rights are
upheld.  If the mother is a minor and wants an abortion and her parents don't,
the minor's rights are upheld.  If the mother is a minor and the parents want
the baby aborted and she doesn't, the parents' rights are upheld.  So please
stop the lying about being "pro-choice".  You're NOT.

suki@reed.UUCP (Monica Nosek) (04/11/85)

In article <319@we53.UUCP> bmt@we53.UUCP ( B. M. Thomas ) writes:
> The courts are not pro-choice, they are pro-dead-baby.
>Recent court decisions have upheld ANYONE's right to a dead baby.  If the mother
>wants an abortion and the father doesn't, the mother's right is upheld.  If the
>father wants his child aborted and the mother doesn't, the father's rights are
>upheld.  If the mother is a minor and wants an abortion and her parents don't,
>the minor's rights are upheld.  If the mother is a minor and the parents want
>the baby aborted and she doesn't, the parents' rights are upheld.

Is this true?  I can't believe that a man could force his wife
or girlfriend to undergo an abortion.  Not through legal
means, anyway.  Could you post some more information on this?

> So please >stop the lying about being "pro-choice".  You're NOT.

But I AM.

		Monica
		tektronix!reed!suki

bonnie@tut.UUCP (Bonnie Norman) (04/21/85)

In article <> bmt@we53.UUCP writes:
>Recent court decisions have upheld ANYONE's right to a dead baby.  If the mother
>wants an abortion and the father doesn't, the mother's right is upheld.  If the
>father wants his child aborted and the mother doesn't, the father's rights are
>upheld.  If the mother is a minor and wants an abortion and her parents don't,
>the minor's rights are upheld.  If the mother is a minor and the parents want
>the baby aborted and she doesn't, the parents' rights are upheld.

This sure is news to me.  Could you send me more information on this?  My
ex would be REAL interested to know that there were legal means of forcing
me to have an abortion.  Could he have had me locked up for refusing to
do what he wanted me to?  Or maybe he just could have hit me with a heavy
fine. Hmmm.  I guess I'm having a hard time believing this bit of pro-life
babble.

>So please, stop the lying about being "pro-choice".  You're NOT.

I think you need to be more specific about who you're addressing this to.
You may think that people who call themselves *pro-choice* are really just
*pro-deadbaby*, but I've got a 3-year old doing somersaults across my feet
right now who would just love to prove you wrong.  I claim to be pro-choice
and I AM.  I WANTED to have this child - but I've never condemned anyone
else for making a different decision.

So please, stop the generalizations about people who don't agree with you.