[net.abortion] Yea for Marcia Bear

arndt@lymph.DEC (08/05/85)

Personally I think Marcia is right in her statement about men having no
right to say anything to her about abortion since THEY can never have one.

I feel the same way about slavery.  What right do my slaves have to speak to
me as a white slave owner about if I should own them when they can never know
what it is like to be a white slave owner??

What's that you say?  There's a moral question here that is 'above' the mere
fact of being white or black?  Tish tosh.  I have several friends, some of
the black who feel as I do.

What's next?  Someone will say a Judge has a right to pass judgement on a
murderer having never killed a person himself!  How can he ever know what
it was like for the murderer?  Smacks of imposing values, doesn't it?  Maybe
even (gasp) RELIGIOUS values!  Look, under the bed!  It's , it's Jerry Falwell!

(Wish I had this line to use on my Mom when I was a kid!  "But Mom, you don't
know what it's like to be a growing boy!")

OR MAYBE EVEN A WOMAN (one of those 'funny' kind we see around lately) WILL
TRY TO TELL A MAN ABOUT - RAPE!!!!  Wouldn't that be a gas!

Marcia, next time your SO cranks about your PMS tell him to piss off, eh?

Lov ya

Keep thinkin'

Ken Arndt

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/06/85)

In article <3429@decwrl.UUCP> arndt@lymph.DEC writes:
>I feel the same way about slavery.  What right do my slaves have to speak to
>me as a white slave owner about if I should own them when they can never know
>what it is like to be a white slave owner??
>
>What's that you say?  There's a moral question here that is 'above' the mere
>fact of being white or black?  Tish tosh.  I have several friends, some of
>the black who feel as I do.

Good point, Ken! What about BLACK slave owners? I mean, after all, we'll
never know what it's like to be a black slave owner. Would any of the
darker skinned net users like to make me an offer for Ken? How 'bout the
lighter skinned ones? Albinos? Oh never mind.

>OR MAYBE EVEN A WOMAN (one of those 'funny' kind we see around lately) WILL
>TRY TO TELL A MAN ABOUT - RAPE!!!!  Wouldn't that be a gas!

I'm sure you've read all about it in those magazines you buy downtown.

>Keep thinkin'

If the entire net-community staged a "think-in", it could not possibly
compensate for the mental void you represent.

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

"I'm not a fool!"