[net.abortion] Ban sex!

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/09/85)

In article <10929@rochester.UUCP> ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) writes:
>Planned Parenthood has a new slogan, "Say 'NO' to pregnancy, Say 'YES' to your
>future."
>Upon reading the slogan, one realizes that Planned Parenthood and their
>many abortion establishments is not actually telling kids to say NO to sex,
>only NO to getting pregnant.  Thus abortion is used as birth control.
      	    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^        ^^^^^^^^
I know I'm an ignorant, hedonistic, pro-lifer, but don't you have to BE
pregnant in order to get an abortion? Just checking - thanks.

>Similarly, PP does not acknowlege the
>health hazards of 10, 11, 12, etc year olds ingaging in sexual relations, this
>would hurt revenues and put them out of business where they belong.

Wow. This is really enlightening! PP a front for kiddy-porn? Who would
have guessed?! Oh by the way, aside from the obvious emotional
difficulties, could you PLEASE post a list of all the adverse effects of
teen-age sex? I want to tell my friends!

>Why do I keep refering to children.  A few years ago I had a conversation with
>the head of PP here in Rochester.  I said "If a 10 year old came to you for
>an abortion would you give her one?", he said "Yes, definitely."  And he
>said that in no way would he feel obligated to tell her parents.

Any doctor who would refuse a legal service to a child should be
deported.

>Any responsible parent would definitely tell their children not to have sex.

Watch what you say about my parents. I mean, I know that I grew up to be
an immoral, murderous, drug-taking, commie, no-good punk with a EE
degree from MIT, but that doesn't mean my parents were irresponsible
when they taught me how to think for myself.

>This to the mind of a child must make it seem really OK to go
>ahead and have sex.

(It is, actually. There's something that this man doesn't know about his
parents...)

>What the hell makes PP think that an adolescent is mentally responsible for
>making decision about sex and abortions, young minds can be broken for life
>by trumatic experiences.

as well as overprotection. Do you know how many girls walk into abortion
clinics and say "mommy and daddy (God bless them both!) said not to have
sex, but they never mentioned it would get me pregnant!" I hope you
don't have a daughter.

>What PP must realize is that they are in no way dealing with the problem
>of teen sex, they are only fooling around with the symtoms.

Oh I beg you! I can't take the suspense! Tell us HOW to deal with
teen-age sex! How DO you get those little buggers out of beds? How do
you control somebody that well? Oh DO tell!

>We must educate children about the harms of early sex, not give them the
>right to do.

For those out there still listening: PP DOES warns of the dangers of sex
-- and helps people deal with them effectively.

>PP must stop putting kids in the
>drivers seat, they just are not old enough, PP might respond; "well,
>kids are going to drive anyway, we're just giving them the cars."

I get the feeling that you believe erradicating PP will stop teenage
sex. I'd really like to see you back that up.

-Charles

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX