[net.abortion] Rights questionaire

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/06/85)

In article <447@brl-tgr.ARPA> Matthew Rosenblatt writes:
>The "owner of the body"'s right to do WHAT, as against WHAT rights of
>"other people or things"?  The owner's right to do whatever he wants
>without hurting others is THE preconception of liberalism.  Taken as
>an absolute, it leads to conclusions unacceptable to me and, I submit,
>probably unacceptable to most participants in this newsgroup, whether
>pro-life or pro-choice:  How many advocate abortion on demand (including
>the "right" to ensure that the fetus does not survive) all the way
>through the ninth month of pregnancy?  How many advocate legalizing
>heroin for recreational use?  How many advocate legalizing sex between
>a consenting adult and a consenting ten-year-old?

I'm curious as well, so I'd like to submit a "net-questionaire". Please
respond by mail, I'll post the results in a week or two.

Let's get a handle on the "morality" of the net.abortion-ers.

1. Are you a:
a] Liberal
b] Moderate (anything in between, this is a broad question]
c] Conservative

2. Do you have a moral code that you try to live by?

3. Do you feel that this moral code should be somewhat universal?

4. Do you support 3rd trimester abortion on demand?

5. Do you believe in legalizing all non-adictive drugs. (Marajauna, all
psychadelics:LSD, mushrooms, DMT, MDA, MMDA, MDMA; ect.)?

6. Do you believe in legalizing any adictive drugs? (Cocaine, Heroin,
Caffiene, Nocotine, Alchohol, Morphine, any other Opiate). Please
specify which or all.

7. Do you advocate the lowering of the age of consent (13 in NJ is the
lowest I know of)? [Explain why if you think it adds to your answer].

8. Do you believe personal freedoms can transcend popular morality? [Ex:
Most Americans felt it wasn't a good idea to free the slaves (and that
includes NORTHERNERS too)].

Thankyou.
--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

"I'm not a fool!"
-The Hated One

foy@aero.ARPA (Richard Foy ) (08/09/85)

In article <545@mit-vax.UUCP> csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) writes:
>Let's get a handle on the "morality" of the net.abortion-ers.
>
>1. Are you a:
>a] Liberal ,part yes
>b] Moderate (anything in between, this is a broad question]
>c] Conservative, part yes depends on context
>
>2. Do you have a moral code that you try to live by?  Yes
>
>3. Do you feel that this moral code should be somewhat universal? No
>
>4. Do you support 3rd trimester abortion on demand? Yes with caution.
>
>5. Do you believe in legalizing all non-adictive drugs. (Marajauna, all
>psychadelics:LSD, mushrooms, DMT, MDA, MMDA, MDMA; ect.)? Decriminalization
Yes

>6. Do you believe in legalizing any adictive drugs? (Cocaine, Heroin,
>Caffiene, Nocotine, Alchohol, Morphine, any other Opiate). Please
>specify which or all. Decriminalization Yes
>
>7. Do you advocate the lowering of the age of consent (13 in NJ is the
>lowest I know of)? [Explain why if you think it adds to your answer]. I
haven't thought about this issue. Perhaps age of consent should be eliminated
as  a criteria and some other criteria be establihed.