[net.abortion] IGOTCHA!

flink@umcp-cs.UUCP (Paul V. Torek) (08/10/85)

In article <488@brl-tgr.ARPA> matt@brl-tgr.ARPA (Matthew Rosenblatt ) writes:
>A school can't help imparting values to its students.  If parents pay
>taxes or tuition to support schools, you can't blame them for wanting
>the schools to impart THEIR values.  It's not that young people today
>are "willfully stupid," Mr. Arndt.  It's that they have not been getting
>anything like a "neutral education."  The principle of liberalism, the
>idea that you can do anything you like as long as you don't harm someone
>else, has been taught in schools for 30 years.

Ah, but that's the RIGHT principle, the right value; that's why we teach
it in the schools!

(I don't really believe that, but I just couldn't resist!  Wait, I know:)

But Matt, the reason we don't teach THEIR (fundamentalist parents') values
in school is because they're wrongheaded!

There, now I've succeeded in antagonizing him, without having to lie!

--The insufferable iconoclast, Paul V Torek