[net.abortion] No subject

mn@dscvax2.UUCP (Matt Noah) (08/08/85)

? If pro-choice forces, the majority of this country, are not *EQUALLY*

The majority of this country are uneducated about the subject.  Pro-life
activitists know more about fetal development and emotional trauma in
general because they, i.e. we are in the trenches fighting, praying and
working.

? exuberant about a woman's right to control her own body, a relative

She can control her body but at times, she is not composed of a single
individual.  Pregnancy means more than one life!

? handful of single-minded zealots will seize their opportunity and

Single-minded zealots abolished slavery.  Single-minded zealots crusaded
for Civil Rights.  Single-minded zealots are fighting apartheid.  Single-
minded zealots are performing missionary work in South America.  Single-
minded zealots also crucified Christ.  That is why I contemplated and
consternated over my position on abortion before realizing that what I'm
fighting for is good and right.  I would do no less.

? stuff it down our throats.  It's terrifying the havoc zealots can wreak

Your perspective on what pro-lifers do is for you to deal with.  If you
want to call it "stuff it down our throats" then you deal with the
mental anguish of that perception.  My perspective is saving lives and
fostering an attitude of love of life.

? when they focus their energy.  We must beat back their repressive
? assault on reproductive rights.  We're not talking about the
? hypothetical rights of hypothetical proto-persons--we're talking about
? *LIBERTY*.  Love it or lose it.

I seem to recall the phrase, "... liberty and justice FOR ALL ...".  As
members of society we naturally have to respect the common good.  We cannot
function in the U.S. society without giving up some freedom.  We are not
free to use drugs without paying the consequence.  We are not free to
restrict the sale of our houses to people based on race.  We are not free to
engage in unsafe practices on our property if it endangers our neighbors.
We are not free to run red lights in our cars.  We are not free to rape, rob
or murder without paying the consequences.  America was a pretty good place
to live before Roe v. Wade, before contraception, etc.  Outlawing abortions
is not going to kill your reproductive rights.  If you have any doubts whether
a fetus is a living human being, outlawing abortion will say that you
would rather err in favor of life than in favor of death.  Can you say you
have no doubt?

? --
?                     *** ***
? JE MAINTIENDRAI   ***** *****
?                  ****** ******  31 Jul 85 [13 Thermidor An CXCIII]
? ken perlow       *****   *****
? (312)979-7753     ** ** ** **
? ..ihnp4!iwsl8!ken   *** ***

Matt Noah

foy@aero.ARPA (Richard Foy ) (08/12/85)

In article <16@dscvax2.UUCP> mn@dscvax2.UUCP (Matt Noah) writes:

>Single-minded zealots abolished slavery.  Single-minded zealots crusaded
>for Civil Rights.  Single-minded zealots are fighting apartheid.  Single-

And dedicated women got the Suffrage amendment passed.

richard foy

mjv@ihu1e.UUCP (Vlach) (08/13/85)

>  America was a pretty good place
> to live before Roe v. Wade, before contraception, etc.
> Matt Noah

Huh what?  The man has revealed his true thinking.  Women barefoot, pregnant
and in the kitchen.  What else can I think when he says that America was a
pretty good place before legalized abortions and CONTRACEPTION?  Are we to
have no choice at all except pregnancy or abstinence?

Marcia Bear