[net.abortion] The World According to Matt

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/16/85)

In article <18@dscvax2.UUCP> mn@dscvax2.UUCP (Matt Noah) writes:
>You will probably be surprised that if just women voted on this issue,
>abortion would be made illegal.

I would be surprised. Astounded. Do you know what else? I would also
shut up -- it's none of my business if that's what they want. But since
they are not going to vote without men involved, I'll "keep chargin'" as
Kenny puts it.

>Second, in light of the fact that the fetus cannot speak for itself -
>which is also true of newborns - I exercise my constitutional right to
>speak for him or her.

Pull the other one, mate. You don't have the constitutional right to
speak for anybody but yourself. If you want to vote the way you "think"
a fetus would, go ahead -- I won't challenge your ability to think like
a fetus.

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

from _The_Nth_Psalm_ in _The_Book_of_Fred_