[net.abortion] Some Dingbats agree with Arndt, . . . Gosh!

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/18/85)

In article <3658@decwrl.UUCP> arndt@squirt.DEC writes:

>From a recent Church newspaper:
	       ^^^^^^
Funny thing, that.

>"Sixty prominent physicians have recently declared that the 'biological
>facts' show that the unborn are living human beings.

No, actually:

>The statement says in part that 'a human ovum fertilized by a human
>sperm produces a BIOLOGICALLY IDENTIFIABLE (italics mine again,-
>Tanenbaum, et al take note!) human embryo.  That embryo contains all the
>essential biological material and genitic information required for
>complete celular maturation, human tissue and organ development."

Sorry, Ken. This isn't news to anybody. Now... we were busy discussing
whether an embryo has a "right to life" beyond it's mother's "right to
her own body."

>I realize this doesn't fit some people's ideology!  But let's realize that
>there ARE 'scientists' (wave your magic twanger, froggy!) out there who take
>the same stand as the anti-abortion people.

There are also 'scientists' that believe black people are inferior. How
do you stand? The creationists learned a long time ago that if you
attatch the word 'science' to any irrational concept, stupid people will
not question it.

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

from _The_Nth_Psalm_ in _The_Book_of_Fred_