[net.abortion] The Answer: Beyond Rationality

mn@dscvax2.UUCP (Matt Noah) (08/07/85)

The question:  Where are Sophie Quigley's arguments?

Example.  If pro-lifers put life in front of choice - which we do -
and a particular pro-lifer happens to be a man - of which there are
plenty - does that necessarily make us neantherdals?  With your
recent postings, I guess so.  I could go on but the rest of the net
who has been reading your postings can understand.  If nothing else,
your postings make me realize and appreciate how I was brought up.

One of the greatest things about this country is our freedom; freedom
to change and freedom to speak.  There is a change coming in the
hearts and in the laws of this country.  I believe it and I also
believe YOU will be part of that change.

sophie@mnetor.UUCP (Sophie Quigley) (08/17/85)

In article <15@dscvax2.UUCP> mn@dscvax2.UUCP (Matt Noah) writes:
>The question:  Where are Sophie Quigley's arguments?
>
>Example.  If pro-lifers put life in front of choice - which we do -
>and a particular pro-lifer happens to be a man - of which there are
>plenty - does that necessarily make us neantherdals?  With your
>recent postings, I guess so.

No, if you had bothered reading my flame, you might have noticed that
it was directed at the order of your points 4. and 5. which were
women's rights to control their bodies (4) vs men's "right to procreate" (5).
I didn't approach the topic of 3. (embryo's right to life) except to
point out that if 3 came before 5 then there wasn't much point in
bringing up topic 4.  Who's being irrational here?

>I could go on but the rest of the net
>who has been reading your postings can understand.  If nothing else,
>your postings make me realize and appreciate how I was brought up.

The rest of the net who has been reading ALL my postings understand me
much better than you do.   You might be interested to know that
net.abortion was started on my behalf more than a year ago because I
insisted on discussing the topic in net.women.  I posted my arguments
then.  You haven't read them because you came later.  I still have
copies of those articles and can send them to you if you are
interested.  I will not, however, repost them because they were too
long, and because I feel that I have made my point and should not
monopolise this forum for myself, like i originally did.  So, I have
recently only posted very short articles adressing what I think are
ridiculous issues brought up in net.abortion and that have nothing to
do at all with abortion.  Even though I have seriously flamed some
people for some of the disgusting things they have said , my position
on abortion is a moderate pro-choice.  I recognise the humanity of "the
ennemy" (even the men <-:) and I even admit that their points are
valid.  I just don't believe that the two views on abortion can be
reconciled because I believe that they are both *right*, so I believe
that compromises have to be made in that matter.

>One of the greatest things about this country is our freedom; freedom
>to change and freedom to speak.  There is a change coming in the
>hearts and in the laws of this country.  I believe it and I also
>believe YOU will be part of that change.

(Was that a threat or what?)
I won't be part of that change because I don't live in YOUR country.
Check my address.  There is a change coming in the laws of MY country
too, but it is the opposite of the one in your country.  I don't think
there is any change going on in people's hearts though, just that the
opposing groups are getting more vocal.  I have absolutely no studies
to back this up though, so don't bother asking me for references.

--
Sophie Quigley
{allegra|decvax|ihnp4|linus|watmath}!utzoo!mnetor!sophie

sophie@mnetor.UUCP (Sophie Quigley) (08/24/85)

> In article <15@dscvax2.UUCP> mn@dscvax2.UUCP (Matt Noah) writes:
> >The question:  Where are Sophie Quigley's arguments?
> >
> >Example.  If pro-lifers put life in front of choice - which we do -
> >and a particular pro-lifer happens to be a man - of which there are
> >plenty - does that necessarily make us neantherdals?  With your
> >recent postings, I guess so.

In the rest of my reply, I mistook you for Matt Rosenblatt.  My apologies
and thanks for Matt Rosenblatt for pointing this out.