[net.abortion] Higher Law - Defense of Ken Arndt

mn@dscvax2.UUCP (Matt Noah) (08/17/85)

> Ken Arndt states that when he is calling abortion murder he is referring to
> a higher law. I presume that this higher law is the law that Jesus related
> to when he said "Let he that is without sin cast the first stone".

> richard foy

Oh, that is so juicy and rotting I can't help to reply!  I am not without
sin.  No person is.  God will exact judgement for each of us in His time.
Man exacts judgement and punishes as man sees fit.  Jesus' philosophy of
love and brotherhood commands us to love one another as we love Him and
love ourselves.  The true spirit of pro-life is to love a woman who is
considering abortion and to love her even if she has an abortion.  Love
is ever lacking in the decision-making process and in the act of abortion!
It is a myth that children born of an unwanted pregnancy are necessarily
abused!  Child abuse is independent, in general, of whether or not a child
was born of a wanted pregnancy!  It is not the object of the pro-life
movement to "throw stones".  The two main objectives of the pro-life
movement are to love the mother and save the baby.  It is inconsistent to
support by our silence the destruction of human life.  Perhaps the "higher
law" Ken Arndt was referring to was "Love one another as you love Me" or
"Thou Shalt not Kill" or "I was lonely and in trouble and you comforted
Me".

Matt Noah

ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) (08/28/85)

> > Ken Arndt states that when he is calling abortion murder he is referring to
> > a higher law. I presume that this higher law is the law that Jesus related
> > to when he said "Let he that is without sin cast the first stone".

Because you have brought Christianity into this I cannot avoid another quote
or two from Jesus.

"Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the
kingdom of heaven." Matthew 19.14

"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never
enter the kingdm of heaven." Matthew 18.3

"Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of
heaven." Matthew 18.4

"Whoever receives one  such child in my name receives me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better
for him to have a great millstone fastened round his neck and to be drowned in  the depth of the sea." Matthew 18.5-6

Jesus thought the world of children and their simplistic attitude toward life,
but more than that he appreciated their simple faith.

sophie@mnetor.UUCP (Sophie Quigley) (08/30/85)

In article <11231@rochester.UUCP> ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) writes:

>"Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the
>kingdom of heaven." Matthew 19.14
>
>"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never
>enter the kingdm of heaven." Matthew 18.3
>
>"Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of
>heaven." Matthew 18.4
>
>"Whoever receives one  such child in my name receives me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better
>for him to have a great millstone fastened round his neck and to be drowned in  the depth of the sea." Matthew 18.5-6
>
>Jesus thought the world of children and their simplistic attitude toward life,
>but more than that he appreciated their simple faith.

How did you get these?
grep child the.bible ?
--
Sophie Quigley
{allegra|decvax|ihnp4|linus|watmath}!utzoo!mnetor!sophie