[net.abortion] Birth Control to Kids

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (08/29/85)

In article <11210@rochester.UUCP> ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) writes:
>>hen you do so too late [puberty], you have kept it from them, thus you
>>have attempted to hide it (they'll get it anway, and probably get it
>>wrong, but ...)

>Who said it was too late?  YOU, that's who.

Actually, a lot of experts say it's too late. So does common sense.
After all, puberty is when all those sinful sexual feelings come out of
the woodwork. Would you, as a teacher, wait until the test before
mentioning the subject material?

>You seem to have this black and white image of the world.

Hmmmmmm. Let's examine you're "gray area" veiws:

>At such and such an age, I'll take the baby doll from my little girl,
>and tell her all about sex.  Substituting dildos for baby dolls would be
>disasterous.

I can only say that if your "little girl" is still playing with baby
dolls at age -- say -- 15, then you are a lousy parent.

>By the time of puberty or when ever she deemed it time to make
>decisions, I would expect her decisions to be grounded in wisdom and
>knowledge.  But what is important here is that they would be her
>decisions, not some punk rock groups advocating kinky sex, violence,
>drugs and so forth.

That's a very good point, but if you as a parent have not been
straightforward with her about the facts (ie birth control, ect.) she
will realize that you have held things back (after all, she will have
friends to talk to) and she just might end up turning to "so punk rock
groups" for guidance. It would be a shame...
--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

from _The_Nth_Psalm_ in _The_Book_of_Fred_

ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) (08/30/85)

> In article <11210@rochester.UUCP> ray@rochester.UUCP (Ray Frank) writes:
> >>hen you do so too late [puberty], you have kept it from them, thus you
> >>have attempted to hide it (they'll get it anway, and probably get it
> >>wrong, but ...)
>
> >Who said it was too late?  YOU, that's who.
>
> Actually, a lot of experts say it's too late. So does common sense.
> After all, puberty is when all those sinful sexual feelings come out of
> the woodwork. Would you, as a teacher, wait until the test before
> mentioning the subject material?
Experts?  Well, that leaves you out.    (ray)

> >You seem to have this black and white image of the world.
>
> Hmmmmmm. Let's examine you're "gray area" veiws:
>
> >At such and such an age, I'll take the baby doll from my little girl,
> >and tell her all about sex.  Substituting dildos for baby dolls would be
> >disasterous.
>
> I can only say that if your "little girl" is still playing with baby
> dolls at age -- say -- 15, then you are a lousy parent.

Well, you've finally done it.  I've given you every benefit of the doubt
that you would begin to communicate like an adult.  But noooooooo, there
you go putting words in my mouth again.  I never even mentioned an age, but
you 'think' (I'm being kind when I say you think) I mean 15 years old.
When are you going to learn to communicate properly such as not taking
the subject matter out of context?  I've decided to give up communicating
with you until such a time when I decide that you are clever enough to
be even mildly interesting, remotely creative, and less emotional. (ray)

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (09/01/85)

A flame.

What's Ray Frank's favorite wine?

"noooooooo, there you go putting words in my mouth again."

(get it, "whine"?)

>I've decided to give up communicating
>with you until such a time when I decide that you are clever enough to
>be even mildly interesting, remotely creative, and less emotional. (ray)

Same to you Ray.