[net.micro.hp] HP's Integral PC: FREE Sys V Upgrade

dennis@hp-pcd.UUCP (dennis) (12/11/85)

System V Upgrade for Hewlett-Packard's Integral PC
As of December 1, 1985, the Integral  PC  System  V  upgrade  will  be
available.  This is upgrade is FREE to *all* IPC owners!!

To get your upgrade, all you have to do is place an order with the
dealer from whom you purchased your IPC or if you purchased the IPC
directly from H-P, talk to your H-P sales representative:
        SYSTEM V Upgrade        P/N 82991A

The cost is $0.00.  (For those of you outside the United States, use a
value of $495.00 for customs purposes.)

NOTE: The OS ROM is user installable.  The IPC owner does *not* have to
bring in their machine to a service. Also, the IPC owner does *not* have
to return the old ROM (they make a nice hi-tech paper weight).
The only requirement is that at  order  time,  the  serial
number of the machine being upgraded must supplied.

What You Get
------------
The System V Upgrade consists of  a  user-installable  ROM  pack  that
contains 384K of System V kernel and system drivers.  In addition, you
will receive six system discs to replace those you originally recieved
with the Integral PC.  New manuals will be shipped with the product.

To top it all off, the System V ROMs will not only give you all of the
standard System V kernel calls, but additionally you get:

        Compatibility:          All of those Integral Programs you
                                created will still work with the
                                System V ROMs.

        Built-in Drivers:       RS-232, HPGL, Alpha-Graphics Windows, TERM0.

        Real Time extensions:   All of those extensions promised in
                                original release are now in ROM.

        ROM BASIC Capability:   You can also add ROM BASIC with Sys V.

        PAM Enhancements:       Pattern matching (*,?...), Iconic
                                borders for windows and more.

        DIL Support:            Support for the DIL Library system
                                is included.  (DIL is an acronym for
                                Device I/O Library and is an additional
                                cost product.)

fnf@unisoft.UUCP (12/21/85)

In article <23300002@hpcvma.UUCP> dennis@hp-pcd.UUCP (dennis) writes:
>As of December 1, 1985, the Integral  PC  System  V  upgrade  will  be
>available.  This is upgrade is FREE to *all* IPC owners!!

Congrats to HP for doing something unusual in today's marketplace.
Contrast this with the screams of protest about Apple's memory upgrade
for those early Mac users that purchased skinny Mac's.

I don't own an HP Integral, but this just enhances my already high
opinion of HP as a company.

-Fred

Fred Fish    UniSoft Systems Inc, 739 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,dual}!unisoft!fnf	(415) 644 1230 		TWX 11 910 366-2145