[net.micro.hp] HP9000/30?

dave@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Dave Rasmussen) (06/18/86)

A fella in the physics dept at our school is asking me for help with
their new hp9000/*0, (I think a 30). He currently is running basic 4.0
on it. Does anyone know if you can run basic4.0 under unix on this beast?
Also, is something like uucp standard with hp-ux?

--
The views above are those of my keyboard, not my organization.
Dave Rasmussen c/o Computing Services Division @ U of WI - Milwaukee

adp@hp-sdd.UUCP (Tony Parkhurst) (06/20/86)

In article <1189@uwmcsd1.UUCP> dave@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Dave Rasmussen) writes:
>A fella in the physics dept at our school is asking me for help with
>their new hp9000/*0, (I think a 30). He currently is running basic 4.0
>on it. Does anyone know if you can run basic4.0 under unix on this beast?

no, but there might be a different version of BASIC for HP-UX, but not
"Rocky Mountain BASIC".  Which is odd when you consider that the
BASIC OS for the 9000 uses the same file structure as the HP-UX for the
9000 (SDF as opposed to LIF which the other BASIC machines use {ie 9836})

>Also, is something like uucp standard with hp-ux?

yes, of course, any UN*X port worth beans has uucp.  However, make sure
that the 9000 has serial ports (which is optional for the 9000)

		-- The Sparkler
*      Tony Parkhurst -- {hplabs|sdcsvax|ncr-sd|hpfcla|ihnp4}!hp-sdd!adp      *
*                        OR   hp-sdd!adp@nosc.arpa                            *

jeffh@hpubvwa.UUCP (07/02/86)

Basic 4.0 does not run in the HPUX environment. However, there is a new
technical Basic available for Hp300 HPUX systems.

UUCP is standard in HPUX 5.1 .

		 Your friendly x-hp se