[micro.ibm] Sysgraph for the IBM PC

burgin@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Robert Burgin) (06/30/88)

Has anyone had enough experience with Systat on the IBM PC
to offer any arguments pro or con?

I've worked with Statgraphics, so any comparisons with that
package would be helpful.

Any alternative suggestions for a statistical graphics
package for the IBM PC would be appreciated.

--rb

wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) (06/30/88)

From article <5329@ecsvax.uncecs.edu>, by burgin@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Robert Burgin):

> Has anyone had enough experience with Systat on the IBM PC
> to offer any arguments pro or con?

Last year I performed an analysis of statistical packages for MS
DOS machines and Systat came out on top.  It is a fully featured
statistical package with very good accuracy.  One of the other draws
are the site license arrangments that are available.  It is also
available on a number of machines including Vax.
--
Bill Wilson                          (Bitnet: ucc2wew@nauvm)
Northern AZ Univ

mvolo@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Michael R. Volow) (07/01/88)

In article <764@naucse.UUCP>, wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) writes:

To wew@naucse (Bill Wilson), if you have any written summaries of
your reviews already on disk, could you please post these to the
appropriate newsgroups (e.g., comp.sys.ibm.pc and math.sci.stat).
I am certain that others as well as myself would be interested.

Michael R. Volow                   919 286 0411
Dept. of Psychiatry                mvolo@ecsvax.UUCP
Durham Vet Admin Medical Center
Durham, N.C. 27712