From uucp Sat Aug 11 03:31:32 1984
>From ucbvax!olympus!craig@su-shasta.arpa  Fri Aug 10 22:05:03 1984 remote from decvax
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 84 17:36:18 pdt
From: olympus!craig (Craig Olson) <decvax!ucbvax!olympus!craig@su-shasta.arpa>
To: decvax!utzoo!henry@su-shasta.arpa

Subject: 40% Discount On GRAPHICS UNIX WORKSTATIONS
Silicon Graphics, Inc. has agreed to a 40%  Educational  Discount
on  all  computer  products  purchased by accredited universities
prior to September 30, 1984.  A 45% ARPA Discount is  offered  at
universities  for  ARPA  contracts which fulfill certain require-
ments.

With the 40% discount, the price of an IRIS 1000 Terminal and  an
IRIS  1400 Workstation is $22,500 and $35,700, respectively.  The
IRIS 1400 includes a stand-alone,  68010-based  UNIX  environment
(System  V  with  4.2  BSD  enhancements  such as demand paging),
real-time 3D color graphics using the Geometry Engine, and Ether-
net  with IP/TCP or XNS protocols.  The Geometry Engine, a custom
VLSI graphics processor developed under an ARPA contract at Stan-
ford,  performs  over six million geometric floating point opera-
tions per second.

The IRIS 1400 comes standard with 1.5 MB of CPU  memory,  8  bit-
planes of 1024x1024 image memory, and a 72 MB Winchester disk and
controller.  Options include additional CPU and image  memory,  a
floating point accelerator, and large capacity disk and tape sys-
tems.

For additional information or to set up a demonstration,  contact
Silicon  Graphics in Mountain View, California (415/960-1980), or
one of the following regional sales and service offices:  Central
Region    (313/478-5446);    Southern    Region   (214/788-4122);
Northeastern Region (617/863-8670).

Craig Olson
Product Manager
Silicon Graphics, Inc.