[net.religion.jewish] Marvel Comics, etc.

dcs@homxa.UUCP (D.SIMEN) (04/12/84)

> Jews should find offensive the demand or the suggestion that the Jewish
> community or Jewish culture should pass out of existence.  This has been
> the demand or suggestion of many who have been hostile to the Jewish
> people for the last 2600 years....
> I feel Marvel is making this suggestion.  Opinions?
>                    Yehoyaqim Shemtob Martillo
>  (Some ideas are so stupid only intellectuals can believe them)

The last three lines in this quote make an interesting juxtaposition.  I guess
Martillo is an intellectual.
							David Simen
							...!houxm!homxa!dcs

martillo@ihuxt.UUCP (Yehoyaqim Shemtob Martillo) (04/12/84)

>> Jews should find offensive the demand or the suggestion that the Jewish
>> community or Jewish culture should pass out of existence.  This has been
>> the demand or suggestion of many who have been hostile to the Jewish
>> people for the last 2600 years....
>> I feel Marvel is making this suggestion.  Opinions?
>>                    Yehoyaqim Shemtob Martillo
>>  (Some ideas are so stupid only intellectuals can believe them)

>The last three lines in this quote make an interesting juxtaposition.  I guess
>Martillo is an intellectual.

In modern American society, genuine knowledge about Judaism and being an
intellectual (especially but not necessarily a Jewish one) are almost
totally contradictory.  Since I have seen no useful contributions from Mr.
Simen, perhaps he is an intellectual.
--

                    Yehoyaqim Shemtob Martillo

         (I don't care what you think about my signature)

wetcw@pyuxa.UUCP (T C Wheeler) (04/12/84)

{}
After following Mr. Martillo's never ending war against
all peoples except his own, I have come to one conclusion.

He is narrow-minded in the extreme and should therefore be
ignored.  No amount of rationalization from others on the net
has seemed to dent his views on subject, so, to counter
possible rising blood pressures, I suggest that people
simply push the 'n' key when they see his articles come
up.  He has so far insulted nearly every ethnic group and
sub-group on the planet with his enlightened approach to
humanity.  Perhaps if he is ignored, he will go away.

T. C. Wheeler

martillo@ihuxt.UUCP (Yehoyaqim Shemtob Martillo) (04/13/84)

From: wetcw@pyuxa.UUCP (T C Wheeler)
Newsgroups: net.religion.jewish
Subject: Re: Re: Marvel Comics, etc. (Wheeler)

{}
>After following Mr. Martillo's never ending war against
>all peoples except his own, I have come to one conclusion.

Actually, I have been accused of being at war with my own as well.

>He is narrow-minded in the extreme and should therefore be
>ignored.  No amount of rationalization from others on the net
>has seemed to dent his views on subject, so, to counter
>possible rising blood pressures, I suggest that people
>simply push the 'n' key when they see his articles come
>up.  He has so far insulted nearly every ethnic group and
>sub-group on the planet with his enlightened approach to
>humanity.  Perhaps if he is ignored, he will go away.

I don't remember replying to any of your articles.  If I insulted you, I
apologize.  It is not an excuse.  But I had an operation two weeks ago ant
I have been in extreme pain for the last two weeks.

I am rather interested in East Asian cultures.
--

jbf@ccieng5.UUCP (Jens Bernhard Fiederer) (04/17/84)

>After following Mr. Martillo's never ending war against
>all peoples except his own, I have come to one conclusion.
>
>He is narrow-minded in the extreme and should therefore be
>ignored.  No amount of rationalization from others on the net
>has seemed to dent his views on subject, so, to counter
>possible rising blood pressures, I suggest that people
>simply push the 'n' key when they see his articles come
>up.  He has so far insulted nearly every ethnic group and
>sub-group on the planet with his enlightened approach to
>humanity.  Perhaps if he is ignored, he will go away.
	I think Mr. Wheeler is over-reacting.  Yes, Mr. Martillo is
narrow-minded in the extreme.  All people are narrow-minded on subjects
they care about.

	Furthermore, I disagree with Mr. Martillo in every regard.  I
regard assimilation as a good thing.  Heritages can be preserved in
musea.  And while I approve of people living according to the styles
that please them, people who too strongly distinguish themselves from
the masses are going to breed resentment and distrust, making themselves
a natural target for discrimination (don't flame at me if you don't like
this -- neither do I, but I believe that is the way it goes).

	However, let us not 'boycott' (with the 'n' key) someone just
because their opinions are disagreeable.  Martillo has a strong and
novel point of view which he presents skillfully.  I enjoy reading
his submissions even when they gall me.  Unpleasant views should be
debated, not ignored.

Azhrarn
P.S. for Martillo: I was born and raised German.  Furthermore, I
occasionally lust after Jewish MOTAS, so feel free to despise me
to your heart's content.
me to your heart's content.
--
Reachable as