[net.religion.jewish] Jewsih Humor: Part 6 "Jewish Revenge"

twersky@aecom.UUCP (Yitz Twersky) (01/06/85)

Ralph was on his deathbed, the pallor of eternal rest already on his face.
Charlie, his bussiness partner, hovered over him.

"Charlie, I have a terrible confession to make," Ralph said weakly. "I repent
for my sins-truly, I'm sorry."

"What could you have done that was so bad?"

"Remember when someone robbed our company of $75,000 while you were on
vacation? It was I who took the money."

"That's all right," soothed Charlie. "This is no time to think of things
like that."

"And when you created that new pattern that would have put us ahead of every
other garment maker in the country, it was I who stole the drawings and sold
them to our competitor before our own company could get it on the market."

"Shah! Shah! Try to rest," crooned Charlie.

"And that time a private detective caught you in that hotel with our head
model-it was I who tipped off your wife so she could get evidence for the
divorce." Ralph was now sobbing with remorse. "Oh, Charlie, please forgive
me before I die!"

"What's to forgive?" answered Charlie. "We're even. I'm the one who
poisoned you!"

biep@klipper.UUCP (J. A. "Biep" Durieux) (01/08/85)

In article <1083@aecom.UUCP> twersky@aecom.UUCP (Yitz Twersky) writes:
>Ralph was on his deathbed, the pallor of eternal rest already on his face.
>Charlie, his bussiness partner, hovered over him.
>
>"Charlie, I have a terrible confession to make," Ralph said weakly. "I repent
>for my sins-truly, I'm sorry."
>
>"What could you have done that was so bad?"
>
>"Remember when someone robbed our company of $75,000 while you were on
>vacation? It was I who took the money."
		(...)
>"And that time a private detective caught you in that hotel with our head
>model-it was I who tipped off your wife so she could get evidence for the
>divorce." Ralph was now sobbing with remorse. "Oh, Charlie, please forgive
>me before I die!"
>
>"What's to forgive?" answered Charlie. "We're even. I'm the one who
>poisoned you!"

In English you miss the pun: in Dutch, Charlie (Moos, as we call him here)
answers: "Stil maar, ik heb je al vergeven!", which means
either: "Be quiet, I have already forgiven you!",
or:     "Be quiet, I have already poisoned you!".
--

							  Biep.
	{seismo|decvax|philabs}!mcvax!vu44!botter!klipper!biep

I utterly disagree with  everything  you are saying,  but I
am prepared to fight to the death for your right to say it.
							--Voltaire