[net.religion.jewish] In re Baba

abeles@mhuxm.UUCP (abeles) (01/18/85)

Someone who calls himself "Baba" has been writing anti-Israel articles to
net.religion.jewish.  Have you  wondered what "Baba" stands
for?  Is this a first name or a last name?  Is it an acronoym (Big Antisemitic
BAby)?  Or is it simply an attempt to hide the writer's identity from those
who know him?

Here is the latest one I've seen, ostensibly an attack on Martillo.  Martillo
has claimed that Arabs (such as the Palestinian Arabs) are intensely racist
where Blacks are concerned.  He is eager to see their racism exposed to the
world press, which he believes will occur following the settlement of Black
Ethiopians in Israeli territory.  As I understand it, Martillo believes that
the belligerent anti-Israel feelings of the Arab governments derives from
a racist paranoia (which is at best not discouraged by Islam) towards all
non-Arabs.  I do not find his views to be completely without merit.

But this is what "Baba" thinks as he sits at the keyboard:
-----------------
I'm terribly sorry.  I didn't know that Martillo was the embodiment of Israel.
Had I known, I would have been even more disturbed by his advocacy last year
of "cleansing" Lebanon of Islam.

On a less sarcastic note, I really am sorry about this sequence dribbling over
into net.religion.jewish, as it is not a good place to bait a racist who
happens to be Jewish.  In the future I shall try to harrass Joachim in
net.politics only.
					Baba
-----------------

May "Baba"'s antagonistic opinions be as effective as his spelling!  I
get the idea that he intends to "harass" Martillo, since there is no
entry in my dictionary under "harrass."  But seriously, folks, "Baba"
and I have already exchanged notes via private mail, and he has made
no attempt to deny my characterization of him as an "antisemite."  Just
thought you'd like to know!

A good Shabbos to all!
--J. Abeles

gadfly@ihu1m.UUCP (Gadfly) (01/19/85)

--
>> Someone who calls himself "Baba" has been writing anti-Israel
>> articles to net.religion.jewish. Have you wondered what "Baba"
>> stands for? Is this a first name or a last name? Is it an
>> acronoym (Big Antisemitic BAby)? Or is it simply an attempt to
>> hide the writer's identity from those who know him?

Stop this.  If Martillo can write vicious anti-Ashkenazi articles,
why can't "Baba" criticize Israel?  Or do you believe that Israel
can do no wrong?  The moniker "Baba ROM DOS", incidentally, is a
most clever pun on the pseudonym of writer (and colleague of Timothy
Leary back in the 60's) Richard Alpert, "Baba Ram Das."

>> May "Baba"'s antagonistic opinions be as effective as his
>> spelling! I get the idea that he intends to "harass" Martillo,
>> since there is no entry in my dictionary under "harrass." But
>> seriously, folks, "Baba" and I have already exchanged notes via
>> private mail, and he has made no attempt to deny my
>> characterization of him as an "antisemite." Just thought you'd
>> like to know!

>> A good Shabbos to all! --J. Abeles

Baba was just countering some of Martillo's more obnoxious bigotry.
G-d knows, I've tried, and I'm glad to see someone else give it a
shot.  Or do you think it's productive to call someone "leftist
vus-vus scum"?  I mean, I've tried to get my grandparents to have come
from a more politically and religiously correct area like Libya,
but they insist on having been Lithuanian, and now they're dead, so
they can't even do anything about it.  So Baba, and I, and anyone
else who missed the singular honor to be Sephardi should write,
"Oh Martillo, this leftist vus-vus scum weeps at your feet!  I'm so
ashamed!"?  (I, for one, promise to be Sephardi the very next time I
get the chance.)

Why trash Baba's spelling?  Can't find anything else wrong with what
he says?  Call me an anti-semite too, Mr. Abeles.  I too would not deign
to reply to an assertion so ludicrous.
--
                    *** ***
JE MAINTIENDRAI   ***** *****

ellis@spar.UUCP (Michael Ellis) (01/22/85)

In article <301@mhuxm.UUCP> abeles@mhuxm.UUCP (abeles) writes:

>Someone who calls himself "Baba" has been writing anti-Israel articles to
>net.religion.jewish.  Have you  wondered what "Baba" stands for?  Is this a
>first name or a last name?  Is it an acronoym (Big Antisemitic BAby)?  Or is
>it simply an attempt to hide the writer's identity from those who know him?
>
>But seriously, folks, "Baba" and I have already exchanged notes via private
>mail, and he has made no attempt to deny my characterization of him as an
>"antisemite."

As a personal acquaintance of Baba ROM DOS, I'd like to reassure abeles@mhuxm
that his assertions concerning Baba are laughable in the extreme.

-michael