[net.religion.jewish] VusVusim and Some Questions of History

kenw@lcuxc.UUCP (K Wolman) (01/18/85)

[Martillo writes:]

> Since  Rosen  and  Rubin  are grovelers who prize their
> connections to a non-Jewish community via leftist  movements  more  than
> any   tie   to  the  Jewish  community,  they will  make  apologies  and
> rationalizations for any leftist barbarism even  if  that  barbarism  is
> directed  at them themselves.  Their behavior is just like the Ashkenazi
> quislings in the Soviet Union who apologized for Soviet anti-Semitism as
> a way of mobilizing the masses for the good of the Marxist cause.

-------------------
Temper, temper, Mr. Martillo.  While we're on the subject of Jews
who sell out their brethren, apologize for barbarism, vote for
Hitler, etc., I have some questions:

In 1791, when France made its first moves toward emancipating
its Jews, wasn't it the Sephardim who wanted to deny emancipation
to their Ashkenazic brethren?  Didn't it take almost TWO years
for the differences to be worked out?  Before you start blasting
away at Rosen, Rubin, et. al. as Quislings and people who would
have voted for Hitler, take a look at the less-than-glorious
history of some people who decided there was room enough in the
lifeboat only for them and that the rest of the family could
stay on the sinking ship.  Betrayal is not a value exclusive to
all those disgusting VusVusim out there.  Hab rochmones.
--
CONTACT:

Ken Wolman
Bell Communications Research @ Livingston, NJ
lcuxc!kenw
(201) 740-4565

("My doctorate's in Literature, but that seems like a
pretty good pulse to me. . . .")

meth@csd2.UUCP (Asher Meth) (01/22/85)

[Ken Wolman writes]

> In 1791, when France made its first moves toward emancipating
> its Jews, wasn't it the Sephardim who wanted to deny emancipation
> to their Ashkenazic brethren?  Didn't it take almost TWO years

------

Didn't / doesn't emancipation lead to greater possibility of assimilation ?
In which group do we find greater assimilation - Ashkenazim or Sephardim ?

I do not know all the historical background implied by Ken Wolman, but must
not these factors be taken into account, especially when arguing a point
with Martillo ?

         asher meth
         allegra!cmcl2!csd2!meth
   ARPA  meth@nyu-csd2.arpa

martillo@mit-athena.ARPA (Joaquim Martillo) (01/28/85)

I  do  not  understand  Ken  Wolman's  point about the rather dispicable
behavior 200 years ago of certain Western Sefardim of no  status  within
the  Sefardic  Community  (French  and  Dutch  Sefardim  are  of  marano
background and are not Sefardim Tehorim).

Some Sefardim act like  scum  and  therefore  the  behavior  of  leftist
Ashkenazi slime of the past 100 years is excused?

I  should  point  out  that  somewhat  earlier in history, Maria Theresa
decided to expel the Jews of Bohemia and Moravia.  Baron Aguilar,  Dutch
Sefardim  and Viennese Sefardim at great inconvenience to themselves and
financial loss successfully pressured the Imperial government to rescind
this  decree.   The  Sefardim  acted  despite the contempt they felt for
Ashkenazim because Jewish morality required such behavior.  There is  no
comparable act committed by Ashkenazim on behalf of Sefardim.

gadfly@ihu1m.UUCP (Gadfly) (01/31/85)

--
>> I  should  point  out  that  somewhat  earlier in history, Maria Theresa
>> decided to expel the Jews of Bohemia and Moravia.  Baron Aguilar,  Dutch
>> Sefardim  and Viennese Sefardim at great inconvenience to themselves and
>> financial loss successfully pressured the Imperial government to rescind
>> this  decree.   The  Sefardim  acted  despite the contempt they felt for
>> Ashkenazim because Jewish morality required such behavior.  There is  no
>> comparable act committed by Ashkenazim on behalf of Sefardim.

There sure is--Mr. Martillo's continued good health attests to this :-)

If any Goyim out there wonder why the mainstream (Ashkenazi) Jewish
readership here exercises so much restraint and kindness in its replies
to Martillo's vicious insults (indeed, most of his detractors on the net
apparently are not Jews), well, Jewish morality requires such behavior.
--
                    *** ***
JE MAINTIENDRAI   ***** *****

yossi@ahuta.UUCP (j.friedman) (02/01/85)

REFERENCES:  <166@lcuxc.UUCP>, <3780001@csd2.UUCP>, <54@mit-athena.ARPA>, <271@ihu1m.UUCP>

from ken perlow
> If any Goyim out there wonder why the mainstream (Ashkenazi) Jewish
> readership here exercises so much restraint and kindness in its replies
> to Martillo's vicious insults (indeed, most of his detractors on the net
> apparently are not Jews), well, Jewish morality requires such behavior.
	Why is the "mainstream" Jewish readership necessarily Ashkenazi?
Anyway, I think some of the restraint and kindness stems from "mainstream"
readership's agreement with many of Martillo's pearls of wisdom, even
if they don't agree with his methods of presentation.

Joe Friedman
AT&T-IS, Lincroft
ahuta!yossi

yossi@ahuta.UUCP (j.friedman) (02/01/85)

REFERENCES:  <166@lcuxc.UUCP>, <3780001@csd2.UUCP>, <54@mit-athena.ARPA>, <271@ihu1m.UUCP>

from ken perlow
> If any Goyim out there wonder why the mainstream (Ashkenazi) Jewish
> readership here exercises so much restraint and kindness in its replies
> to Martillo's vicious insults (indeed, most of his detractors on the net
> apparently are not Jews), well, Jewish morality requires such behavior.
	Why is the "mainstream" Jewish readership necessarily Ashkenazi?
Anyway, I think much of the "restraint and kindness" stems from "mainstream"
readership's agreement with many of Martillo's pearls of wisdom, even
if it doesn't agree with his methods of presentation.

Joe Friedman
AT&T-IS, Lincroft
ahuta!yossi

dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) (02/04/85)

martillo@mit-athena.ARPA (Joaquim Martillo) writes:
||				There is  no
||comparable act committed by Ashkenazim on behalf of Sefardim.

Um, what about the rescue of Jews from Arab countries (e.g., Yemen)
by Israel in the late 40's and early 50's, when Israel was run by Ashkenazim?

Really, all of this is silly. We're all Jews. If we don't help each
other, who will? Yakim, we hear you and appreciate the point you've
been making for months. Now can we move on to better things than
such infighting?

Dave Sherman
--
{utzoo pesnta nrcaero utcs}!lsuc!dave
{allegra decvax ihnp4 linus}!utcsrgv!lsuc!dave

gadfly@ihu1m.UUCP (Gadfly) (02/05/85)

--
>> 	Why is the "mainstream" Jewish readership necessarily
>> Ashkenazi?  Anyway, I think much of the "restraint and kindness"
>> stems from "mainstream" readership's agreement with many of
>> Martillo's pearls of wisdom, even if it doesn't agree with his
>> methods of presentation.

>> Joe Friedman

I assume that most of USENET's Jewish readership is American and
of Ashkenazi lineage.  That's what I meant by "mainstream".  If
I'm wrong, or even a sizable percentage are non-Ashkenazi, please
enlighten me.

Martillo has many pearls of wisdom, indeed.  And his perspective
is usually refreshing.  But the Ashkenazim==leftist vusvus scum
we can all do without.  If you are Askenazi, Joe, have you no
pride in your family?  I do--and leftist they were, and are--and
I'm proud of them.  So I have to wonder, when Martillo says these
horrible things--*WHAT'S THE POINT?*  I should not be proud of
my family?  What does he propose I do--sit shiva for them?  Maybe
I should give him all my worldly possessions to atone for their
alleged crimes?  Martillo of all people should know that it is
as misguided as it is dangerous to try to make people ashamed of who
they are.
--
                    *** ***
JE MAINTIENDRAI   ***** *****