[net.religion.jewish] Proselytizing

rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Fred Mertz) (02/02/85)

>>Jesus taught that the temple was no longer made of human hands, I think
>>there is a reference to this in the Bible, not New Testament, but now
>>God wants to dwell in the human heart.
>>
>>Jesus claimed to be a descendent of David and the first
>>and last king.  [KAREN ALIAS LARRYG]

> Why is Jesus being quoted in here?  I thought this was a forum for
> discussing Jewish issues.  Could this be a poorly disguised attempt to
> proselytize?  Perhaps you should take this discussion to net.religion or
> net.religion.christian where you will find a more willing audience.
> [FREDERICK LISS]

"karen alias larryg" is apparently a person of Jewish descent who has
converted to Christianity.  Her postings in other newsgroups reek of
"I don't care what you say, Jesus IS the one true way" and so on.  Apparently,
*she's* convinced.
--
"Right now it's only a notion, but I'm hoping to turn it into an idea, and if
 I get enough money I can make it into a concept."       Rich Rosen pyuxd!rlr

berger@aecom.UUCP (02/05/85)

Rich Rosen writes:
> "karen alias larryg" is apparently a person of Jewish descent who
> has  converted to Christianity.  Her postings in other newsgroups
> reek of "I don't care what you say, Jesus IS the  one  true  way"
> and so on.  Apparently, *she's* convinced.

  All do respect Rich (and Karen), but I'd say  she  isn't  totally
  convinced.   Why  else does she take on a defensive attitude? I'd
  say she's trying to convince herself as much, if not more, as the
  rest of us. I don't think she's succeding on either count.

				     michab