[net.religion.jewish] forgiving the germans

fsks@unc.UUCP (Frank Silbermann) (05/09/85)

In article <enmasse.402> mroddy@enmasse.UUCP (Mark Roddy) writes:

>I didn't say that I blame all Germans, I said that the Germans cannot
>be forgiven. I think there is a difference.

Review your grammar.  "THE Germans" means "all the Germans".
Perhaps you meant "Those Germans (the ones who ...)"
or "the guilty Germans".

What you meant to say is NOT what you said.

>Obviously those germans who were too old or young, dead or unborn, or
>mentally or physically incapacitated ( more about them later,) are
>not responsible, they cannot be forgiven because they are not to blame.
etc.

>However, all the other Germans are, as a class, responsible for what
					  ^^^^^
>they did as a nation. They cannot be forgiven because, with few
>exceptions they either supported what went on or did nothing to
>prevent it.

What about those who DID try to prevent it but failed?

What about the Pennsylvania Dutch?  They are Germans.
Do you hold them responsible?

I'm sorry, but "classes" cannot be guilty of sin.
Only individual people.

	Frank Silbermann