[net.religion.jewish] Andrew Scott Beals...What a Man!

dave@andromeda.UUCP (Dave Bloom) (11/19/85)

In article <990@lll-crg.ARpA>, bandy@lll-crg.ARpA (Andrew Scott Beals) writes:
> If my family was massacred I'd be bummed out by it fer sure, but if
> they where killed in a Burger King by a maniac wielding an uzi
> shouting "My way is with lots of blood and lead!!", I'd ultimately
> find it funny. After all, you can't be upset about it FOREVER.

This response is a classic and should go down in the USENET hall of fame.
I showed it to all my friends... they got a big kick out of it. Andy is
replying to my followup regarding the tastelessness of genocide jokes.
But let's face it: After a response like this, how can I hold him responsible?

Andy, you've helped me to see things in a different light: Horrible things
happen to families in this world. It's a shame they don't happen to you.
Whereas others might be outraged if their loved ones were brutally murdered,
you would laugh it off, because 'you can't be upset about it FOREVER'.
Picture this: if families like yours were victims of the holocaust, instead
of those like mine, no-one would be upset about it today... and you wouldn't
have to hear me 'bleating' "never again".

You're my Rambo!

Dave Bloom
Rutgers University