[net.veg] reducing meat in diet

jimb@tekcrl.UUCP (Jim Bailey) (05/16/85)

I posted this request to net.cooks, but it was suggested that
I also post to this group.  I have not been a subscriber so
apologize if repeating recent conversations.

I am interested in reducing the amount of meat in my diet
and am looking for recipes or pointers to cookbooks that
would aid in this project.  Also, having recently seen tofu
in the store, I would like suggestions on its use.

Thanks for any and all help.

jim bailey (tektronix!tekcrl!jimb)

sidney@linus.UUCP (Sidney Markowitz) (05/18/85)

In article <132@tekcrl.UUCP> jimb@tekcrl.UUCP (Jim Bailey) writes:
>I am interested in reducing the amount of meat in my diet
>and am looking for recipes or pointers to cookbooks that
>would aid in this project.  Also, having recently seen tofu
>in the store, I would like suggestions on its use.

This newsgroup hasn't been very active recently, but maybe now it's
picking up. There have been a few references recently  -- _Laurel's
Kitchen_ is one of the best cookbooks, _Diet for a Small Planet_
for the "correct" political orientation, and _The Book of Tofu_ for
more than you want to know about tofu. Also, check out _The Book of
Tempeh_, for info on a soybean product that is even better in your
diet than tofu.

--
					Sidney Markowitz

ARPA:	sidney@mitre-bedford
UUCP:	...{allegra,decvax,genrad,ihnp4,philabs,security,utzoo}!linus!sidney