[net.veg] Herbalife:Lose weight now, ask me how!

mcal@ihuxb.UUCP (Mike Clifford) (07/22/85)

A friend of mine has jumped on the Herbalife bandwagon, using and selling
these herb-based products.
I seem to recall that there is a suit pending against Herbalife and its
president (I think I saw it it LIFE magazine).
Anyhow, does anyone out there in netland know about this suit?  What's
the medical opinion of Herbalife products?  Is it really advantageous to
use there products or is it just another health-food scam (ie, you'd be
better off eating a balanced diet)?  Do they conduct there business ethically
or is it headed for trouble ala Amway?

Thanks for your info.
Mike Clifford

gordon@cae780.UUCP (Brian Gordon) (07/23/85)

In article <1114@ihuxb.UUCP> mcal@ihuxb.UUCP (Mike Clifford) writes:
>A friend of mine has jumped on the Herbalife bandwagon, using and selling
>these herb-based products.
>Anyhow, does anyone out there in netland know about this suit?  What's
>the medical opinion of Herbalife products?  Is it really advantageous to
>use there products or is it just another health-food scam (ie, you'd be
>better off eating a balanced diet)?

CU just covered them a month or two ago.  The products which do anything are
laxatives which will, of course, cause temporary weight loss ...  I don't
remember the exact reference now, but I recall reading that Herbalife just
made a new milestone -- more deaths than the Cambridge Diet!

FROM:   Brian G. Gordon, CAE Systems Division of Tektronix, Inc.
UUCP:   {ihnp4, decvax!decwrl}!amd!cae780!gordon
        {nsc, resonex, qubix, hplabs, leadsv, teklds}!cae780!gordon