[net.misc] id AA26732; Thu, 23 Feb 84 03:07:55 pst

lipman@decwrl.UUCP (02/23/84)

Date: Thursday, 23 Feb 1984 03:12:19-PST
From: akov68::boyajian
To: net.misc
Subject: anti-smoking commercials

	One other interesting anti-smoking commercial is the one that looks just
like a Marlboro cigarettes commercial (the "Welcome to Marlboro Country!" type),
cowpokes and all. At the end, one cowboy offers another a cigarette; the other
answers, "No, thanks. I can live without it."

				  --- jayembee
				      (Jerry Boyajian, DEC Maynard)
				UUCP: (decvax!decwrl!rhea!akov68!boyajian)
				ARPA: (decwrl!rhea!akov68!boyajian@Shasta)

hutch@shark.UUCP (02/24/84)

|  One other interesting anti-smoking commercial is the one that looks
|  just like a Marlboro cigarettes commercial (the "Welcome to Marlboro
|  Country!" type), cowpokes and all. At the end, one cowboy offers another
|  a cigarette; the other answers, "No, thanks. I can live without it."

Hey, that's the SON of the original Marlboro man, folks.  An unverified
rumor has it that the reason he does the commercials is because his dad
died of lung cancer induced by smoking.

Hutch