[net.veg] milk on cereal

malik@star.DEC (Karl Malik ZK01-1/F22 1-1440) (02/28/86)

Subj; Cutting down on milk

	1) Use skim milk on your cereal (takes some getting used to).

	2) Stop eating cereal.  Seriously.  While I am far from being
an expert in nutrition (I am eating chocolate chip cookies and smoking
as I write this), I do know that there is no reason, other than
tradition, to favor certain foods over others for breakfast.

	You can eat anything for breakfast that you would for any
other meal.  What's wrong with a nice cup of soup, brown rice and
vegetables, fruit, a fruit salad, cheese, whole-grain bread and peanut
butter, etc.?

						- Karl

jason@ucbopal.BERKELEY.EDU (Jason Venner) (03/02/86)

What I tend to do is to use apple juice,  with some lemon or lime juice added
(to cut down on the sweetness) and add some nut butter (I prefer cashew).

It sounds strange,  but taistes very good.

Jason,

jason@violet.berkeley.edu
{ihnp4,dual,sun,decvax,decwrl,seismo}!ucbvax!ucbviolet!jason

mrl@oddjob.UUCP (Scott R. Anderson) (03/03/86)

In article <1433@decwrl.DEC.COM> malik@star.DEC (Karl Malik ZK01-1/F22 1-1440) writes:

>Subj; Cutting down on milk
>
>	1) Use skim milk on your cereal (takes some getting used to).

I grew up using skim milk on my cereal.  Using whole milk took some
getting used to. (:-).

Seriously, though, replace "skim milk" in 1) with "soy milk" and it's
still true.  But it's better than drinking soy milk straight!
--

					Scott Anderson
					ihnp4!oddjob!kaos!sra