[net.veg] Quark

pete@stc.co.uk (02/14/86)

        Short and sweet:

        Does anyone out there have a recipe for a cake filling
        using quark instead of butter?

        My wife has gone off butter and margarine is no substitute.

        Cheers,
--
	Peter Kendell <pete@stc.UUCP>

	...!mcvax!ukc!stc!pete

	`When your achievements match your expectations,
	 it's time to move on.'

fine@nmtvax.UUCP (Andrew J Fine) (02/21/86)

In article <> pete@stc.co.uk writes:

>        Short and sweet:
>
>        Does anyone out there have a recipe for a cake filling
>        using quark instead of butter?
>
>        My wife has gone off butter and margarine is no substitute.
>
>        Cheers,
>--
>	Peter Kendell <pete@stc.UUCP>
>
>	...!mcvax!ukc!stc!pete
>
>	`When your achievements match your expectations,
>	 it's time to move on.'

For every 8 oz of butter or margarine, take 2 tsps each of protons and
anti-protons and mix using a particle accelerator.  Mix with heavy water.
Fold into enriched uranium mix, those who wish to economize can use grated
strontium. Bake a fusion temperatures and serve on hot barium toast.
Yield: 5 microtonne.

Andrew Jonathan Fine

pete@stc.co.uk (02/26/86)

Xpath: ukc eagle

In article <944@nmtvax.UUCP> fine@nmtvax.UUCP (Andrew J Fine) writes:
>In article <> pete@stc.co.uk writes:
>>
>>        Does anyone out there have a recipe for a cake filling
>>        using quark instead of butter?
>>

>For every 8 oz of butter or margarine, take 2 tsps each of protons and
>anti-protons and mix using a particle accelerator.  Mix with heavy water.
>Fold into enriched uranium mix, those who wish to economize can use grated
>strontium. Bake a fusion temperatures and serve on hot barium toast.
>Yield: 5 microtonne.

        Uranium is difficult to get here, but if you go up north
        to Sellafield they're throwing it away!!

        My wife said, "Oh no, not another barium meal".

        Seriously now, folks, I thought that Quark was more widely
        known. It's a German low-fat soft cheese rather like a low-
        fat version of Kraft `Philadelphia', viz. easily spread.
        My wife uses it instead of butter for spreading on toast,
        etc.

        Your name for this quality product may vary subject to local
        law.
--
	Peter Kendell <pete@stc.UUCP>

	...!mcvax!ukc!stc!pete

	"I'll have a shower and then call my brother up,
	 Within the hour I'll smash another cup"

mrl@oddjob.UUCP (Scott R. Anderson) (03/03/86)

In article <848@bute.tcom.stc.co.uk> pete@stc.UUCP (Peter Kendell) writes:
>        Seriously now, folks, I thought that Quark was more widely
>        known. It's a German low-fat soft cheese rather like a low-
>        fat version of Kraft `Philadelphia', viz. easily spread.
>        My wife uses it instead of butter for spreading on toast,
>        etc.
>
>        Your name for this quality product may vary subject to local
>        law.

Is this any thing like Neufchatel cheese?  I've seen it described the
same way.
--

					Scott Anderson
					ihnp4!oddjob!kaos!sra

craig@dcl-cs.UUCP (03/06/86)

In article <1221@oddjob.UUCP> mrl@oddjob.UUCP (Scott R. Anderson) writes:
>In article <848@bute.tcom.stc.co.uk> pete@stc.UUCP (Peter Kendell) writes:
>>        Seriously now, folks, I thought that Quark was more widely
>>        known. It's a German low-fat soft cheese rather like a low-
>>        fat version of Kraft `Philadelphia', viz. easily spread.
>>        My wife uses it instead of butter for spreading on toast,
>>        etc.
>>
>>        Your name for this quality product may vary subject to local
>>        law.
>
>Is this any thing like Neufchatel cheese?  I've seen it described the
>same way.

Perhaps you mean Neuchatel ?  this is a cheese producing village (small town)
in Switzerland in the hills above Lausanne (which is on Lake Geneva) near the
border with France. Neuchatel cheese is creamy cheese, but not spreadable (what
a word !). It is often used as one of the cheeses in Neuchatel Fondue.
--
UUCP:	 ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!craig| Post: University of Lancaster,
DARPA:	 craig%lancs.comp@ucl-cs 	  |	  Department of Computing,