[net.veg] San Francisco, Fiji, Australia, + New Zealand

tower@mit-prep.ARPA (Leonard H. Tower Jr.) (03/08/86)

We are going to San Francisco, New Zealand, Australia, and Fiji
in late March and April.

We would appreciate advice about good things to do (especially museums
and architecture), and good restaurants (especially good VEGETARIAN
restaurants) in all four places.  Pointers to self-service laundromats
would also be much appreciated.

Specific stops in New Zealand:
	Auckland		Waitomo			Rotorua
	Queenstown		Milford Sound		Mount Cook
	Christ Church

Specific stops in Australia:
	Sydney			Melbourne		Cairns
	Alice Springs		Ayers Rock

Thanks in Advance for any pointers.

Len Tower (and Carol Botteron)

Project GNU of the Free Software Foundation
UUCP:       {}!mit-eddie!mit-prep!tower
INTERNET:   tower@prep.ai.mit.edu
ORGANIZATION: Project GNU, Free Software Foundation,
   1000 Mass. Ave., Cambridge, MA  02138, USA +1 (617) 876-3296
HOME: 36 Porter Street, Somerville, MA  02143, USA +1 (617) 623-7739
--
Len Tower

craig@macbeth.UUCP (Craig Kolb) (03/27/86)

In article <15@mit-prep.ARPA> tower@mit-prep.ARPA (Leonard H. Tower Jr.) writes:
>We are going to San Francisco, New Zealand, Australia, and Fiji
>in late March and April.
>
>We would appreciate advice about good things to do (especially museums
>and architecture), and good restaurants (especially good VEGETARIAN
>restaurants) in all four places.

I'm planning a trip to Europe this summer, and just ordered:

	The International Vegetarian Handbook
		for $5 from
	North American Vegetarian Society
	P.O. Box 72
	Dolgeville, NY  13329

The blurb I have here says that it lists vegetarian and other
"health-conscious" restaurants, guesthouses, societies, and health food
stores in Europe.  However, this blurb is out of a European travel book, so
the Handbook proably mentions places outside of Europe as well.  I posted
this to the net in the hopes that some other netlandians would find it
useful.

Bon Voyage...
---------
Craig Kolb
princeton!macbeth!craig
"This must be Thursday.  I never could get the hang of Thursdays."