[net.veg] can veggies eat in Italy?

kolling@jumbo.DEC.COM (Karen Kolling) (10/28/86)

> My wife Celia and I are planning a trip
> to Italy next May, and we've heard it's pretty tough for those
> who don't eat meat fish and meat to make it there.

Can this be?  Fettucini Alfredo?  Fettucini al Pesto?  Pasta
Primavera?  I'm gaining a million pounds just thinking of all the
Italian veggie food that exists.  Or are these
Italian-found-only-in-America foods?

jcp@osiris.UUCP (Jolly C. Pancakes) (10/29/86)

In article <409@jumbo.DEC.COM>, kolling@jumbo.DEC.COM (Karen Kolling) writes:

> > My wife Celia and I are planning a trip
> > to Italy next May, and we've heard it's pretty tough for those
> > who don't eat meat fish and meat to make it there.
>
> Can this be?  Fettucini Alfredo?  Fettucini al Pesto?  Pasta
> Primavera?  I'm gaining a million pounds just thinking of all the
> Italian veggie food that exists.  Or are these
> Italian-found-only-in-America foods?

	You are forgetting that of the three you have mentioned at least
two are going to contain dairy products (cream and parmesan) so that if
you are not a lacto-ovo vegetarian (or if, like me, you can't have milk
products) you are outta luck.
--
jcpatilla
..{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!aplcen!osiris!jcp

Otters have more fun.

guy@slu70.UUCP (Guy M. Smith) (11/03/86)

In article <912@osiris.UUCP>, jcp@osiris.UUCP (Jolly C. Pancakes) writes:
> In article <409@jumbo.DEC.COM>, kolling@jumbo.DEC.COM (Karen Kolling) writes:
> >
> > > My wife Celia and I are planning a trip
> > > to Italy next May, and we've heard it's pretty tough for those
> > > who don't eat meat fish and meat to make it there.
> >
> > Can this be?  Fettucini Alfredo?  Fettucini al Pesto?  Pasta
> > Primavera?  I'm gaining a million pounds just thinking of all the
> > Italian veggie food that exists.  Or are these
> > Italian-found-only-in-America foods?
>
> 	You are forgetting that of the three you have mentioned at least
> two are going to contain dairy products (cream and parmesan) so that if
> you are not a lacto-ovo vegetarian (or if, like me, you can't have milk
> products) you are outta luck.
Also note that pasta in Northern Italy often (maybe always) contains egg.