[net.consumers] Citibank Visa Citidollars

pag@hao.UUCP (Peter Gross) (04/05/84)

Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> I notice that Citibank is soliciting national business
> for their Visa. They have a list of special services for
> their customers, which seem significant at first glance.
> On closer inspection, I'm not sure. For example, they
> give you a "rebate" via "Citidollars". The "Citidollars" can
> be used as a discount on mail order items. It looked to me
> like the mail order items were no bargain even with the
> discount.

As a long time Citibank Visa holder, I can assure you that the Citidollars
ain't worth much .... I must have thousands of them, and have yet to
see anything worth buying.  Now if you could use them to outright
purchase something, that would be another matter.  Nope --  you have to
use them to get a "discount" off of inflated, artificial list prices.
Worthless...

--peter gross
hao!pag

jhillis@ihuxf.UUCP (04/06/84)

Re: Those worthless Citidollars

I've considered offering them all their Citidollars
(thousands in my case) back in payment of the annual
fee to see if they really put any value on them

J. Hillis
ihnp4!ihuxf!jhillis