[net.consumers] Checking out charities

ssm@cmu-ri-leg.ARPA (Sesh Murthy) (01/19/85)

Does anyone know of a reputable charity that brings up children without
converting them to Christianity.

I would like it if I could keep in touch with the kid I am supporting.  Also
it would be a plus if the charity works in India.
Thanks for the help.  I will post the results.		Sesh
--
uucp: seismo!cmu-ri-leg!ssm
arpa: ssm@cmu-ri-leg

seshadri@t4test.UUCP (Raghavan Seshadri) (01/31/85)

> From: ssm@cmu-ri-leg.ARPA (Sesh Murthy)
> Does anyone know of a reputable charity that brings up children without
> converting them to Christianity.
> I would like it if I could keep in touch with the kid I am supporting.  Also
> it would be a plus if the charity works in India.
> Thanks for the help.  I will post the results.		Sesh

  I can strongly recommend " Ramakrishna mission students home".
  It is a noble organisation and the people involved are
  dedicated and selfless.They have a proven track record o
  over a hundred years.Incidentally my father was brought up in
  the 'home' and had a wholesome,pleasant life plus a good
  education.The few visits I have made tend to confirm that.
  If you want more information,please send me mail or post to
  this newsgroup.The address is
		     Ramakrishna Mission Students Home
			   Mylapore
			   Madras,India