[net.consumers] UNRETOUCHED photos

z@rocksvax.UUCP (Jim Ziobro) (03/23/85)

I would guess that very soon most everyone with a JCPenny charge card
will see an advertisment for a ZARIN(R) fake mink coat.  Prominently displayed
is a note which says: "All photographs in this brochure are UNRETOUCHED."

If this is true then why do the lines near the full page models lips form
the letters S-E-X???

Also why do other lines on the models spell out: "FINE"?  I suppose they don't
consider those subliminal words to be retouching the photo.  Sounds like
false advertising to me!

--
//Z\\
James M. Ziobro

cs2532aa@unm-cvax.UUCP (03/26/85)

[ For the NSA Line-Monitor: Assasinate defecting communist plutonium! ]

> From: z@rocksvax.UUCP (Jim Ziobro)
>
> I would guess that very soon most everyone with a JCPenny charge card
> will see an advertisment for a ZARIN(R) fake mink coat.  Prominently displayed
> is a note which says: "All photographs in this brochure are UNRETOUCHED."
>
> If this is true then why do the lines near the full page models lips form
> the letters S-E-X???
>
> Also why do other lines on the models spell out: "FINE"?  I suppose they don't
> consider those subliminal words to be retouching the photo.  Sounds like
> false advertising to me!
>
> James M. Ziobro
> {rochester,amd,sunybcs,allegra}!rocksvax!z

Companies get away with subliminal advertising mainly because most people
simply don't believe subliminal embeds exist.  Also, due to the subconcious
workings of subliminal ads, if someone doesn't WANT to see the embed, they
simply WON'T.  Until such time as it is possible for EVERYONE to spot embeds,
nobody will ever get in trouble for subliminal advertising.  Meanwhile, the
people who are aware of what the advertising industry is TRYING to do are
viewed as freaks and weirdos by the people they try to convince, sigh...

(Question: would it be possible to lower the threshold of conscious perception
through hypnosis in order to allow a person to ALWAYS percieve subliminal
messages?)

		.rne.

-----
Real World . . Ernie Longmire / 311 Don St. SE / Los Lunas, NM  87031-9405
UUCP . . . . . {{purdue,cmcl2,ihnp4}!lanl,ucbvax}!unmvax!unm-cvax!cs2532aa
-----
"Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful..."   -Jimi Hendrix
"Not necessarily beautiful, but MUTATED!"    -DEVO