[net.consumers] Coca Cola Syrup

barryg@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Lee Gold) (05/08/85)

The vitamin section of my local SAV-ON (drugstore-emporium) has a lot of
strange stuff.  Cod liver oil and ipecac and ... Coca Cola Syrup.
This last is NOT in the familiar Coke logo; it does not have a trademark.
Then again, why would the manufacturer dare to use that title without
Coke's consent?

We're thinking of buying some, diluting it with carbonated water, and
seeing how it tastes.  (Or has anyone already tried this?)  It also might
be nice mixed in with home made ice cream.  The real question is whether
it uses the new or the old formula--and whether it resists aging any
better than the tuff in bottles/cans.

--Lee Gold

luner@uwai.UUCP (05/09/85)

[]
NIL - Undefined Function

> Lee Gold writes...
> ... Coca Cola Syrup.  This last is NOT in the familiar Coke logo
      ^^^^^^^^^                                          ^^^^

If you have the spelling right, you've answered your own question.

ron@brl-tgr.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (05/09/85)

> We're thinking of buying some, diluting it with carbonated water, and
> seeing how it tastes.  (Or has anyone already tried this?)  It also might
> be nice mixed in with home made ice cream.  The real question is whether
> it uses the new or the old formula--and whether it resists aging any
> better than the tuff in bottles/cans.

Congratulations, you've fallen back 75 years or whatever to the first
uses of Coca Cola.

neal@denelvx.UUCP (Neal Weidenhofer) (05/11/85)

> The vitamin section of my local SAV-ON (drugstore-emporium) has a lot of
> strange stuff.  Cod liver oil and ipecac and ... Coca Cola Syrup.
> This last is NOT in the familiar Coke logo; it does not have a trademark.
> Then again, why would the manufacturer dare to use that title without
> Coke's consent?

	FYI: Coca Cola Syrup is a fairly effective anti-emetic and is (or at
least used to be) prescribed occasionally for that purpose.  I believe Coca
Cola distributes it themselves as some sort of good-will gesture.

			Regards,
				Neal Weidenhofer
"Blame it on the Rolling	Denelcor, Inc.
	Stones"			<hao|csu-cs|brl-bmd>!denelcor!neal

urban@spp2.UUCP (Mike Urban) (05/14/85)

In article <25@denelvx.UUCP> neal@denelvx.UUCP (Neal Weidenhofer) writes:
>	FYI: Coca Cola Syrup is a fairly effective anti-emetic and is (or at
>least used to be) prescribed occasionally for that purpose.  I believe Coca
>Cola distributes it themselves as some sort of good-will gesture.

Yes, I was often given coke syrup as a kid when food wasn't staying
down, and it was quite effective.  Unfortunately, the side effect is
that cola drinks now always make me feel a little queasy due to
Pavlov-esque association.  I wonder if the CocaCola company realized
that risk!  I also wonder if the new formula is equally effective.
Hey, maybe they'll keep using the old formula for the syrup and
then you old-formula lovers can mix your own!

--

   Mike Urban
	{ucbvax|decvax}!trwrb!trwspp!spp2!urban

"You're in a maze of twisty UUCP connections, all alike"

dan@digi-g.UUCP (Dan Messinger) (05/15/85)

In article <203@uwai.UUCP> luner@uwai.UUCP writes:
>> Lee Gold writes...
>> ... Coca Cola Syrup.  This last is NOT in the familiar Coke logo
>
>If you have the spelling right, you've answered your own question.

Are you implying that "Coca Cola" has nothing to do with "Coke"?  Take
a close look at one of those red and white cans.  On one side it says
"Coke", but on the other it says "Coca Cola".   (and there is nothing
wrong with my spelling)

Lee, do you recall who packaged that Coca Cola syrup?

Dan Messinger
ihnp4!umn-cs!digi-g!dan