[net.consumers] AT&T Opportunity Credits

paul@dual.UUCP (Baker) (05/29/85)

I am interested to see that other people are having difficulty with
the "opportunity credits".  I considered using these to buy an Amtrak
ticket but nobody at Amtrak or AT&T seemed to understand any of the
conditions of the offer.

Most of the credits are for products that I would never use or are
fairly expensive even with the discount.  In other cases more hassle
free and better discounts are readily available.  Using the credits in many
cases is extremely complicated, like the GE coffee maker mentioned
in a previous posting.

I am curious to know if anyone has ever used any of these successfully.
I have, as I recall, several hundred credits that I really can't figure
out what to do with.  Are they valuable enough to anyone that they
might be interested in buying them?

If AT&T really wanted to do its customers a favour, it could just give
them cheaper phone calls.

Paul Wilcox-Baker.
[415] 549 3854
Telex ITT 470844

dsn@tove.UUCP (Dana S. Nau) (05/31/85)

In article <1025@dual.UUCP> paul@dual.UUCP (Baker) writes:

>If AT&T really wanted to do its customers a favour, it could just give
>them cheaper phone calls.

I, too, have several hundred opportunity credits which I don't know what to
do with.  I would GLADLY trade them in for credit toward my long distance
phone calls!  Could one of the AT&T people on the net suggest this to your
marketing department?
--
Dana S. Nau,  Computer Science Dept.,  U. of Maryland,  College Park, MD 20742
ARPA:  dsn@maryland				CSNet:  dsn@umcp-cs

bazelman@wanginst.UUCP (Rudy Bazelmans) (06/04/85)

In article <1025@dual.UUCP> paul@dual.UUCP (Baker) writes:

>If AT&T really wanted to do its customers a favour, it could just give
>them cheaper phone calls.

Remember that the Opportun ity credits are redeemed by the respective
manufacturers and not by AT&T.  AT&T is only a clearing house.
--

Rudy Bazelmans - Wang Institute, (617) 967-2609
[apollo, bbncca, cadmus, decvax, harvard, linus, masscomp]!wanginst!bazelmans