[net.consumers] alternative to coke & pepsi

colonel@gloria.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman) (07/06/85)

["Znosko-Kola!  You drink it - it drinks you!"]

> >     LIKE SO MANY OTHER USERS OF THE NET, I, TOO AM DISSATISFIED WITH THE
> >TASTE OF COKE AND PEPSI.  FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO ENJOYED THE TASTE OF THE OLD
> >COKE, I SUGGEST THAT YOU TRY RC (ROYAL CROWN) COLA...
>
> It's hard to find in Massachusetts... at least none of the supermarkets I
> shop at carries it.  But that's OK - we have MOXIE!

Is that "Old Moxie" or "New Moxie?"

	"Do you have sugar-free, de-caffeinated, non-carbonated Coke?"
	"Yes, but it's warm."
	"Oh, goody!"
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!colonel

andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) (07/08/85)

In article <896@gloria.UUCP> colonel@gloria.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman) writes:
>> >... I SUGGEST THAT YOU TRY RC (ROYAL CROWN) COLA...
>>
>> It's hard to find in Massachusetts... at least none of the supermarkets I
>> shop at carries it.  But that's OK - we have MOXIE!
>
>Is that "Old Moxie" or "New Moxie?"

Definitely "New Moxie".  The FDA forced them to reformulate in 1960.

AWR