[net.consumers] Roach-Pruf

allison@convexs.UUCP (08/26/85)

Sorry to beat this topic to death, but in case anyone's agonizing
over buying Roach-Pruf vs. boric acid, DON'T!  It's the same thing!
The can of Roach-Pruf that I have lists its ingredients as:
	99% boric acid
	 1% inert ingredients

Now for my 2 cents worth...This stuff is GREAT!  I've tried many
things (including an exterminator that my apartment complex paid
for), but Roach-Pruf = boric acid beat them all.

Brian Allison	{allegra, ihnp4, uiucdcs, ctvax}!convex!allison
Convex Computer Corp.
Richardson, TX

stv@qantel.UUCP (Steve Vance@ex2499) (08/30/85)

In article <14100005@convexs> allison@convexs.UUCP writes:

>Sorry to beat this topic to death, but in case anyone's agonizing
>over buying Roach-Pruf vs. boric acid, DON'T!  It's the same thing!
>The can of Roach-Pruf that I have lists its ingredients as:
>	99% boric acid
>	 1% inert ingredients

Just curious: if Roach Prufe is just boric acid, what are the two
patents for?  The shape of the can?

I dislike roaches enough to want to spend the extra money.  So Roach
Prufe costs triple what plain boric acid does?  If it works ANY better,
it still costs under $10 a can, for a lifetime supply (if you never
move), why not splurge?

PS: I haven't seen a roach in over four years.
--

Steve Vance
{dual,hplabs,ihnp4}!qantel!stv