[net.consumers] If big business could save lives, would it?

smh@rduxb.UUCP (henning) (09/14/85)

****                                                                 ****
From the keys of Steve Henning, AT&T Bell Labs, Reading, PA rduxb!smh

> 		But let's face it, the only reason seat belts are
> 		becoming a law everywhere is to save insurance co.'s
> 		and car makers a lot of money.  We do live in a
> 		"big business" society.

And...if you save the insurance co.'s money by preventing death and
injury and save the car makers a lot of money by saving them the
trouble of putting on expensive air bags, then you are saving me
money on my insurance and my next new car.  Thank you; keep the good
laws coming.  And...thank big business for caring for my pocket book.

smithson@calma.uucp (Brian Smithson) (09/16/85)

In article <712@rduxb.UUCP> smh@rduxb.UUCP (henning) writes:
>****                                                                 ****
>From the keys of Steve Henning, AT&T Bell Labs, Reading, PA rduxb!smh
>
>> 		But let's face it, the only reason seat belts are
>> 		becoming a law everywhere is to save insurance co.'s
>> 		and car makers a lot of money.  We do live in a
>> 		"big business" society.
>
>And...if you save the insurance co.'s money by preventing death and
>injury and save the car makers a lot of money by saving them the
>trouble of putting on expensive air bags, then you are saving me
>money on my insurance and my next new car.  Thank you; keep the good
>laws coming.  And...thank big business for caring for my pocket book.

...not to mention the original topic of discussion, saving lives!

--

		-Brian Smithson
		 Calma Company