[net.consumers] Wax in Carpet - HELP!!

stiles@druxm.UUCP (StilesKL) (09/05/85)

Does anyone know how I can get wax out of my carpet?
A lit candle tipped over and the molten wax spilled on the
carpet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

		Thanks in advance,
			K. Stiles

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (09/06/85)

In article <1165@druxm.UUCP> stiles@druxm.UUCP (StilesKL) writes:
>Does anyone know how I can get wax out of my carpet?
>A lit candle tipped over and the molten wax spilled on the
>carpet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How about super hot steamy cloths to soften it until it can be wiped off?
Alternatively, you could turn the carpet over and tunnel underneath until
the spot is over your head; then light another candle and hold under the
spot until the wax runs off.  Then you are left with the carbon spots
from the candle exhaust, which would be much easier to remove. :-)

csg@pyramid.UUCP (Carl S. Gutekunst) (09/06/85)

In article <1165@druxm.UUCP> stiles@druxm.UUCP (StilesKL) writes:
>Does anyone know how I can get [candle] wax out of my carpet?

I also need this information. Thanx, all you beautiful people....
--
      -m-------   Carl S. Gutekunst, Software R&D, Pyramid Technology
    ---mmm-----   P.O. Box 7295, Mountain View, CA 94039   415/965-7200

jpexg@mit-hermes.ARPA (John Purbrick) (09/20/85)

>In article <1165@druxm.UUCP> stiles@druxm.UUCP (StilesKL) writes:
>Does anyone know how I can get wax out of my carpet?
>A lit candle tipped over and the molten wax spilled on the
>carpet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only method I ever heard of was to cover the affected area with a
couple of thicknesses of paper towel and then run a hot iron over it.
The idea is that the wax will melt and migrate into the paper towel,
but my guess is it doesn't work all that well.