[net.consumers] Shooting Woodpeckers

dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) (11/04/85)

In article <1453@hound.UUCP> rfg@hound.UUCP (R.GRANTGES) writes:

>Why not just shoot the beast?
>They shoot horses, don't they?

If you live in the country, you can just blast them with a good rifle.
If you live in the city, this is dangerous and likely illegal, so use
a good air pellet gun instead. If these are illegal in your city, use
a slingshot. Anyway, I agree that wasting the pest is the cheapest
and best solution.

It's also the most fun. :-)

Dave Kirby    ( ...!ihnp4!akgub!cylixd!dave)

res@ihlpl.UUCP (Rich Strebendt @ AT&T Information Systems - Indian Hill West; formerly) (11/10/85)

> In article <1453@hound.UUCP> rfg@hound.UUCP (R.GRANTGES) writes:
>
> >Why not just shoot the beast?
> >They shoot horses, don't they?
>
> If you live in the country, you can just blast them with a good rifle.
> If you live in the city, this is dangerous and likely illegal, so use
> a good air pellet gun instead. If these are illegal in your city, use
> a slingshot. Anyway, I agree that wasting the pest is the cheapest
> and best solution.
>
> It's also the most fun. :-)

Regardless of how much "fun" it might be, it is probably likely to be
expensive.  Killing a non-game animal or bird in Illinois (including
such lovable :-) animals as skunks) can get you fined as little as $50
and as much as $500.

If you decide to blow the birdie away, make sure you get your money's
worth of "fun" !!!

					Rich Strebendt
					...!ihnp4!iwsl6!res