[net.consumers] What Do Women Want For Christmas?

dnc@bonnie.UUCP (Don Corey) (10/24/85)

I hate to do this since we are still in October, but it is time to start
thinking about Christmas shopping. I am starting to think about a present for
my wife, and I am always interested in different gift ideas.

My question to the women is, what do you want for Christmas, or what was
the best Christmas present you ever received?
--
Don Corey
AT&T Bell Laboratories

place@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU (11/05/85)

THINGS I WOULD LIKE FOR CHRISTMAS BUT WON'T GET:

1.  A full-length raccoon coat with hood
2.  A week's vacation (alone) at a top Club Med
3.  A complete set of videotapes of the old (1975-76) Ellery Queen
    TV series
4.  A heated garage (without the utility bills)
5.  Year-round limo service
6.  Expensive clothes in my taste that look good on me (and the dry
    (cleaning bills paid)
7.  A romantic evening with Billy Idol
8.  A winning LOTTO ticket

MORE PRACTICAL THINGS I MIGHT GET:

1.  A carpet cleaning machine
2.  A new stereo (cheap, so I won't mind if my kids break it)
3.  Some clothes from Sears or Penney's
4.  Some small kitchen appliances

MY SUGGESTIONS FOR YOUR WIFE:

1.  A very nice, but functional watch
2.  A designer outfit (gift certificate so she can pick it out)
3.  A jacuzzi bathtub
4.  A vacation at a Club Med (with you, of course)
5.  A vacation at a luxury hotel (choose between #4 and #5)
6.  A handwritten book of your thoughts, feelings, and hopes for
    and with her.  (Put in lots of poetry (yours))

Denise
University of Illinois
The Super Computing Illini

nessus@nsc.UUCP (Kchula-Rrit) (11/06/85)

In article <596@bonnie.UUCP>, dnc@bonnie.UUCP (Don Corey) writes:

> My question to the women is, what do you want for Christmas, or what was
> the best Christmas present you ever received?
>
> Don Corey
> WH 2A-140 (201) 386-2349 ihnp4!bonnie!dnc

     One of the most enjoyable Christmas I ever had was when MOTAS gave
me a wire-wrap gun, prototype board(s), wire-wrap wire, etc...
However, that particular Christmas was enjoyable for other reasons than
computers...

				Kchula-Rrit

P.S. I'm sure that wire-wrap is a tradmark of someone or something.

suze@terak.UUCP (Suzanne Barnett) (11/11/85)

> MY SUGGESTIONS FOR YOUR WIFE:
>
> 1.  A very nice, but functional watch
> 2.  A designer outfit (gift certificate so she can pick it out)

Or better yet, go "window shopping" with her to get ideas for
what she'd choose, then get it when she isn't with you. Be
sure to keep the store tags and tickets for exchange if it
doesn't fit or she doesn't like it (the latter shouldn't be a
problem if you did your window shopping homework). This way
she gets it on Christmas and doesn't have to bother about the
cost.

> 3.  A jacuzzi bathtub
> 4.  A vacation at a Club Med (with you, of course)

Or similar, depending on her taste.

> 5.  A vacation at a luxury hotel (choose between #4 and #5)

ditto

> 6.  A handwritten book of your thoughts, feelings, and hopes for
>     and with her.  (Put in lots of poetry (yours))

GREAT IDEA!!!!!

> Denise

7.  Nice jewelry, listen to what she says she likes as well as
what she already wears, she might never wear bracelets, but
really like them, but not wear bracelets because she doesn't
have any (at least not of the kind she likes).

8.  Gourmet kitchen items, if she enjoys her kitchen.

9.  House decor items.

10. A rocking or easy chair, in a size comfortable for her.

11. Book(s) of some type she reads.

12. Puzzles or games if she enjoys them (there is still some
child in all of us to enjoy toys).

13. Help with Christmas meals (if y'all are staying at home)
and straightening the house after its been strewn with
wrapping paper.
Suzanne Barnett-Scott

uucp:	 ...{decvax,ihnp4,noao,savax,seismo}!terak!suze
phone:	 (602) 998-4800
us mail: CalComp/Sanders Display Products Division
	 (Formerly Terak Corporation)
	 14151 N 76th street, Scottsdale, AZ 85260