[net.consumers] Credit card slips, storage of

andrew@hammer.UUCP (Andrew Klossner) (02/06/86)

[]

	"Naturally, if you use a Master Card to buy your gas, you'll
	never see these [credit card slips], but Master Card probably
	has warehouses full of them"

Actually what they have is cabinets full of microfilm.  Credit card
slips are treated just like checks, except that some banks still send
the original checks to the customer after they've been photographed.

  -=- Andrew Klossner   (decvax!tektronix!tekecs!andrew)       [UUCP]
                        (tekecs!andrew.tektronix@csnet-relay)  [ARPA]

jmsellens@watmath.UUCP (John M Sellens) (02/07/86)

In article <1793@hammer.UUCP> andrew@hammer.UUCP (Andrew Klossner) writes:

>	"Naturally, if you use a Master Card to buy your gas, you'll
>	never see these [credit card slips], but Master Card probably
>	has warehouses full of them"
>
>Actually what they have is cabinets full of microfilm.  Credit card
>slips are treated just like checks, except that some banks still send
>the original checks to the customer after they've been photographed.

I notice that you took care to remove the "... :-)" from the end of
my (quoted) sentence ...

c55-hp@buddy.BERKELEY.EDU (Ilya Goldberg) (02/10/86)

In article <1793@hammer.UUCP> andrew@hammer.UUCP (Andrew Klossner) writes:
>	"Naturally, if you use a Master Card to buy your gas, you'll
>	never see these [credit card slips], but Master Card probably
>	has warehouses full of them"
>Actually what they have is cabinets full of microfilm.  Credit card
>slips are treated just like checks, except that some banks still send
>the original checks to the customer after they've been photographed.

	 I believe American Express actually sends you a copy of the slip
in addition to the one you get at the time of purchase.

						Ilya Goldberg

						...!ucbvax!ilya

SofPasuk@imagen.UUCP (Munach Rvi'i) (02/11/86)

> In article <1793@hammer.UUCP> andrew@hammer.UUCP (Andrew Klossner) writes:
> >	"Naturally, if you use a Master Card to buy your gas, you'll
> >	never see these [credit card slips], but Master Card probably
> >	has warehouses full of them"
> >Actually what they have is cabinets full of microfilm.  Credit card
> >slips are treated just like checks, except that some banks still send
> >the original checks to the customer after they've been photographed.
>
> 	 I believe American Express actually sends you a copy of the slip
> in addition to the one you get at the time of purchase.
>
> 						Ilya Goldberg
>
> 						...!ucbvax!ilya

Want to make a bet that even American Express ends the practice of sending
the actual sales slip?  In fact, for car rentals and airline tickets, they
already have discontinued sending the actual slip ("signature on file").

Expect an announcement of "to serve you better" and "a new feature" of
American Express, actual sales slips will no longer be sent, except upon
special individual request.  Will probably happen within next year...

mcewan@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU (02/11/86)

>In article <1793@hammer.UUCP> andrew@hammer.UUCP (Andrew Klossner) writes:
>>
>>	"Naturally, if you use a Master Card to buy your gas, you'll
>>	never see these [credit card slips], but Master Card probably
>>	has warehouses full of them"
>>
>>Actually what they have is cabinets full of microfilm.  Credit card
>>slips are treated just like checks, except that some banks still send
>>the original checks to the customer after they've been photographed.
>
>I notice that you took care to remove the "... :-)" from the end of
>my (quoted) sentence ...

Sue him for libel, why don't you. You'll also notice that he rearranged
your message a little, and inserted the "[credit card slips]" comment.
You don't suppose he did all that just because he wanted to make an
informative comment, and only extracted the part of your message he wanted
to responded to, adding something to make up for lost context? Nah,
couldn't be. He most have been trying to smear your good name.

			Scott McEwan
			{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!mcewan

"Hideously disfigured by Indian curse? We can help! Call (511) 338-0959
 for an appointment."