[net.consumers] Sonic flea collar

kanner@tymix.UUCP (Herb Kanner) (02/16/86)

A recently received mail order catalogue has the following item at $59.95:

"The Safer, Sonic Flea Collar ... rids your pet of fleas in 5 days or less
with no chemicals, poisons, or extra effort. ... collar around your pet's
neck, and wherever it goes, it moves in a 4 ft. circle of sound that fleas
and ticks absolutely hate. ...

Sorry, state laws prohibit sales to Colorado or Indiana residents."

Does anyone on the net know anything about this, and why it has been
ruled illegal in those two states?
--
Herb Kanner
McDonnell Douglas (TYMNET)

booter@lll-crg.ARpA (Elaine Richards) (02/17/86)

In article <665@tymix.UUCP> kanner@tymix.UUCP (Herb Kanner) writes:
>A recently received mail order catalogue has the following item at $59.95:
>
>"The Safer, Sonic Flea Collar ... rids your pet of fleas in 5 days or less
>[etc]neck, and wherever it goes, it moves in a 4 ft. circle of sound that fleas
>and ticks absolutely hate. ...

Not to mention your cat.

>Sorry, state laws prohibit sales to Colorado or Indiana residents."
>
>Does anyone on the net know anything about this, and why it has been
>ruled illegal in those two states?

Maybe yuppies aren't allowed within state lines :-) (or yuppie puppies)

Sounds foolish to have 60 dollars of hardware around an alley cat you
found in the back of a 7 Eleven ( You know, the one you love the most,
but refer to as Shithead when it leaves liquid presents on your pillow)
Can you imagine how many cats would get mugged?

****

PS I keep my shithead....er...tabby inside. They get filthy enough feet as it
   is and she likes to put hers on my mouth. *BLEAGH*