[net.consumers] virgin stuff

gbr@mb2c.UUCP (Jerry Ruhno) (03/03/86)

 Most of you probably heard the joke 'Where do you get virgin wool from?'
 Answer: From ugly sheep

 Well I just bought a flannel shirt made of 'virgin acrylic'

 WHAT IN THE HECK IS VIRGIN ACRYLIC??????

					Jerry Ruhno
					epsilon!mb2c!gbr

  P.S. There has got to be a joke in this somewhere

wjjordan@watdragon.UUCP (W. Jim Jordan) (03/04/86)

<>

> WHAT IN THE HECK IS VIRGIN ACRYLIC??????
It probably came from a chemical company that hasn't yet been screwed by the
federal government... (apologies if this isn't funny)

--
DEFINITION:  Honeywell DPS8/49: The world's most expensive print spooler.

			W. Jim Jordan
CANADA POST (3 weeks):	c/o Conrad Grebel College, Waterloo, Ont., N2L 3G6
USENET (overnight): 	...!watmath!watdragon!wjjordan

mberns@ut-ngp.UUCP (Mark Bernstein) (03/04/86)

**

>  Well I just bought a flannel shirt made of 'virgin acrylic'

A columnist for one of the Philadelphia newspapers several years ago
did a series of hysterical pieces about the incipient demise of the
species "nauga".  It seems that so much furniture was being made in
genuine naugahyde that the population was decreasing and on the verge
of extinction.  Poor naugas...   He called for a group of concerned citizens
to form a "save the naugas" group... and on and on.

Made for some wonderful reading!  :-)

--

Mark Bernstein, Univ of Texas at Austin, Speech Communication, Austin 78712
ARPA:  mberns@ngp.UTEXAS.EDU

maxg@tekig4.UUCP (Max Guernsey) (03/05/86)

In article <523@mb2c.UUCP> gbr@mb2c.UUCP (Jerry Ruhno) writes:

> Most of you probably heard the joke 'Where do you get virgin wool from?'
> Answer: From ugly sheep
>
> Well I just bought a flannel shirt made of 'virgin acrylic'
>
> WHAT IN THE HECK IS VIRGIN ACRYLIC??????
I think it comes from hard to crack oil.

aeq@pucc-h (Jeff Sargent) (03/06/86)

In article <3019@ut-ngp.UUCP>, mberns@ut-ngp.UUCP (Mark Bernstein) writes:
> A columnist for one of the Philadelphia newspapers several years ago
> did a series of hysterical pieces about the incipient demise of the
> species "nauga".  It seems that so much furniture was being made in
> genuine naugahyde that the population was decreasing and on the verge
> of extinction.  Poor naugas...   He called for a group of concerned citizens
> to form a "save the naugas" group... and on and on.

Seeing that naugahyde is made from the decreasing population of petroleum on
our planet, a species which could be extinct within centuries, I'd say that
it makes excellent sense to "save the naugas".

-- Jeff Sargent
{decvax|harpo|ihnp4|inuxc|ucbvax}!pur-ee!pucc-h!aeq
"All the stage's a world, and all the players merely men and women."