[net.consumers] Finding an Auto Broker

garth@inuxd.UUCP (Garth Johnson) (03/25/86)

How do I find an auto broker?  Can I really save money on a new car if
I know exactly what I want?  Do auto brokers deal in American cars as well
as foreign cars.  Thanks for your help.

			Garth Johnson

phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) (03/28/86)

In article <865@inuxd.UUCP> garth@inuxd.UUCP (Garth Johnson) writes:
>How do I find an auto broker?

They can be found in the yellow pages.

>  Can I really save money on a new car if
>I know exactly what I want?  Do auto brokers deal in American cars as well
>as foreign cars.  Thanks for your help.

In my experience buying a Honda Civic Si, you don't get as good a deal
from a broker as you can from a dealer. I didn't try as hard to get
a deal from a broker, I'll admit. I just called up the broker and asked
"how much". With the dealers, I bargained for a long time and made
many trips. But I saved $500 off what the broker wanted.

This was my experience. Your mileage may differ.
--
 "It's time to raise gasoline taxes."

 Phil Ngai +1 408 749 5720
 ARPA: amdcad!phil@decwrl.dec.com