[net.bio] Embryology

michaelm@bcsaic.UUCP (michael b maxwell) (09/11/85)

In the gastrula, do the ectoderm, mesoderm and endoderm actually look
and/or stain differently?  Or are they just presumptively different?
--
Mike Maxwell
	Any wrong opinions expressed in the above are someone elses fault.

In article <287@bcsaic.UUCP> michaelm@bcsaic.UUCP (michael b maxwell) writes:
>In the gastrula, do the ectoderm, mesoderm and endoderm actually look
>and/or stain differently?  Or are they just presumptively different?

	In what organism? The answer varies quite a bit depending on
which animal you are talking about. In Humans I believe they look
quite different. Endoderm is composed of a layer of smallish angular
cells, ectoderm is a layer of larger, less angular cells, and mesoderm
is originally an irregular network of more or less amoeboid cells.
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

ARPA: ttidca!psivax!friesen@rand-unix.arpa