[net.bio] Paleontologists?

lepine@dec-how.UUCP (05/02/86)

Are there any paleontologists on the net?  I'd be interested in hearing about
any work going on in the field.  Any suggestions as to an appropriate
newsgroup for this area?  (I already thought about net.roots -- paleontology
seems a little too far back for most family trees!)

-Norm

uucp: !decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-cons!lepine

pamp@bcsaic.UUCP (pam pincha) (05/09/86)

In article <2716@decwrl.DEC.COM> lepine@how.DEC (Normand Lepine 225-6715) writes:
>Are there any paleontologists on the net?  I'd be interested in hearing about
>any work going on in the field.  Any suggestions as to an appropriate
>newsgroup for this area?  (I already thought about net.roots -- paleontology
>seems a little too far back for most family trees!)
>
>-Norm
>
>uucp: !decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-cons!lepine

So would I. I am a former geologist with an interest in paleontology
and such. The only interest in such that I've seen so far on the net
is in net.origins (generally in posting disclaimers to articles
by such characters as Ted Holden).
Pamela M. Pincha-Wagener

ins_atrh@jhunix.UUCP (Thomas Richard Holtz) (05/12/86)

In article <541@bcsaic.UUCP> pamp@bcsaic.UUCP (pam pincha) writes:
>In article <2716@decwrl.DEC.COM> lepine@how.DEC (Normand Lepine 225-6715) writes:
>>Are there any paleontologists on the net?  I'd be interested in hearing about
>>any work going on in the field.  Any suggestions as to an appropriate
>>newsgroup for this area?  (I already thought about net.roots -- paleontology
>>seems a little too far back for most family trees!)
>>
>>-Norm
>>
>>uucp: !decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-cons!lepine
>
>So would I. I am a former geologist with an interest in paleontology
>and such. The only interest in such that I've seen so far on the net
>is in net.origins (generally in posting disclaimers to articles
>by such characters as Ted Holden).
>Pamela M. Pincha-Wagener

Hello, folks.  Will I do?  I'm not a full-fledged paleontologist yet,
but I am a Paleontology major (Junior) in the Earth and Planetary Sciences
Department at the Johns Hopkins University.  I'd love to talk about
my field sometime.  So far, all I've been able to use my studies for is
to debunk Ted Holdenisms.  I'd like to see net.origins turn into a discussion
of life history (gee, what a radical idea).

Unfortunatly, I'm going home for the summer as of May 17th.  I'll be back
in September, though.  Hope to get in some good discussions then.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.

friesen@psivax.UUCP (05/15/86)

In article <2716@decwrl.DEC.COM> (Normand Lepine 225-6715) writes:
>Are there any paleontologists on the net?  I'd be interested in hearing about
>any work going on in the field.  Any suggestions as to an appropriate
>newsgroup for this area?  (I already thought about net.roots -- paleontology
>seems a little too far back for most family trees!)

	Well, I am not currently earning my living as a paleontologist,
but much of my university training is in that field, and I still try
to catch up on the journals from time to time. I would be happy to
discuss anything I know about with you. What sort of things are you
interested in? Ask some questions and I will try to respond.
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

ARPA: ??