[net.bio] changes in sperm

ambar@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Jean Marie Diaz) (07/23/86)

In article <17764@ucla-cs.ARPA> oleg@ucla-cs.UUCP (Oleg "Kill the bastards" Kiselev) writes:
>A QUESTION: Does the genetic information in sperm change over the time,
>with the newer sperm having different set of "encodings" than the older
>make?

No, not in the sense you're thinking of.  Remember, sperm (and ova)
contain only HALF your chromosomes--and which 'half' it is, is
selected pretty randomly.  So, one sperm differs from the next, which
differs from the next, and so on....  but they're always a subset of
YOUR OWN genetic makeup, which was determined at your conception and
does not change.
--

					AMBAR
		"I need something to change your mind...."