[net.micro.trs-80] Any other Trs-80 Xenix users out there?

greggt@ncoast.UUCP (Gregg Thompson) (07/20/84)

	I am looking for other Trs-80
Xenix users for a couple reasons.

1) To help out any that needs uucp to
work properly and have the a patched
version of the news programs to run
on their machine.

2) To see if there are enough Trs-80
Xenix users to start some kind of
Xenix Newsletter. The articles would
consist of articles from other
'subscribers'. It will most likely
be mailed once a month or whenever
there are at least 5 good articles.

--
Gregg Thompson

{ucbvax}!decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!greggt
{ucbvax}!decvax!cbosgd!aat!m-net!greggt
{ucbvax}!decvax!microsoft!trsvax!sneaky!greggt
{decvax}!ucbvax!dual!proper!greggt

mgk@ucla-cs.UUCP (11/24/84)

I am a trs-xenix user, with version 1.3.0 and a bug list 4 pages long. I have
also given up trying to get the sources--if you have any fixes, code patches,
etc. please--mail them here. I have no network connection to my system, nor
do I know how to set up uucp (if this is typical documentation, then its a
wonder unix is so popular. But I suspect microsoft is second only to ibm in
user-meaness)
						Michael Gersten
						vss7101%uclavm@ucbvax
					(or cc1@ucla-cs, but thats a group
								account)

geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) (11/26/84)

In article <2374@ucla-cs.ARPA> vss7101%uclavm@ucbvax (Michael Gersten) writes:

>I have no network connection to my system, nor
>do I know how to set up uucp (if this is typical documentation, then its a
>wonder unix is so popular. But I suspect microsoft is second only to ibm in
>user-meaness)

Nope.  Microsoft is at least third, since AT&T is in there.  My experience
with derivative UN*X documentation (i.e., not straight from AT&T) is that
is much less well typeset and printed (frequently offset reproduction of
daisywheel output), but that its content is always a tiny (note the word well)
improvement on what AT&T shipped.  This is not surprising, since there is
only one direction one can go when starting from AT&T documentation.
--

	Geoff Kuenning
	...!ihnp4!trwrb!desint!geoff

bobw@ncoast.UUCP (Bob Weinberg) (12/02/84)

(crunchy)

Is microsoft user unfriendly??? , well I guess they are not so bad when....

Today, I hooked up my new Plexus P-35.  We have a Model16 Xenix system
running very well.  I never realized how much thought Microsoft had given
to generalizing and simplifying the power of a more 'standard ;-) '
UN*X system.

Boy is my head spinning with the new stuff to figgur out - BUT

Geeze is that sucker fast! in comparison.  Now if I could only
get uucp to run from the Plexus to the R/S.  It runs just
fine the other way :-(

--
Robert L. Weinberg                   ...decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!bobw
Tridelta Indusries, Inc.             ...decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!tdi1!bobw