[net.micro.trs-80] What people look for in MOTAS

srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (06/04/85)

In article <261@gcc-bill.ARPA> brad@gcc-bill.UUCP (Brad Parker) writes:
>>> In your case, Victor, try putting your face under the wheels of a slow-
>>> moving garbage truck.  Just kidding, love ya, babe.
>>>     		  Scott R. Turner
>>You are just as arrogant as you were at Wash U...
>>		  eric
>
>Aside from a truely funny exchange of abuse, did I miss something?
>Is this is the right place? What's a MOTAS? Help!
>(BTW: Scott wins for having the funniest line)
>--

A mota is a small, four-footed reptilian animal, cousin of the pyloct, and
found exclusively in New Zealand.

    Scott R. Turner
    ARPA:  (now) srt@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA  (soon) srt@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
    UUCP:  ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt
    SPUDNET: ...eye%srt@russet.spud

holly@dartvax.UUCP (Holly Cabell) (06/08/85)

> In article <261@gcc-bill.ARPA> brad@gcc-bill.UUCP (Brad Parker) writes:
> >>You are just as arrogant as you were at Wash U...
> >>		  eric
> >
> >Aside from a truely funny exchange of abuse, did I miss something?
> >Is this is the right place? What's a MOTAS? Help!
> >(BTW: Scott wins for having the funniest line)
> >--
>
> A mota is a small, four-footed reptilian animal, cousin of the pyloct, and
> found exclusively in New Zealand.
>
>     Scott R. Turner
  What I have always been told is that a mota is a very dangerous animal.
There was a time when motas were transported from NZ to the United States and
put in game parks and hunted.  Great sport.  However, one expedition ended
in tragedy, several men killed, the house burned down, and the motas escaped
causeing widespread panic in the midwest, until it was found that the motas had
migrated to the north, into canada, where they had mated with lemings and
become more docile, following the lemming tradition about throwing themselves
into the sea.
--Just some trivia from
johnc at [the world] ! dartvax ! holle
--
--johnc at [the.world] ! dartvax ! holly

john@genrad.UUCP (John P. Nelson) (06/11/85)

What the hell is this discussion doing on net.micro.trs-80 ????